Thursday, February 16, 2006

the start of it all

quirkyalone: noun/adj.
a person who enjoys being single (but is not opposed to being in a relationship) and generally prefers to be alone rather than dating for the sake of being in a couple.


for as long as i can remember, people have always told me that i'm different from everyone else. and i'd like to think it's not in that "gosh she's so weird" kinda way. i've given up wondering what they mean. i just take it as a compliment. that's just the way it is. i'm somewhere in between.

i'm also going on 26 and single.

i've never been big on the commitment thing. i believe in casually dating to find out more bout a person before i make any commitment. not that i casually date a lot. in fact i could never figure out the dating definition. i don't even like to use that word much.

i'm told that i intimidate men. which baffles me 'coz i'm bout as un-together as anyone can be. but yes, i probably owe my so far so single status to having standards, a lack of opportunity and being scary.

i go back and forth on my thoughts bout being single. but at the end of it i know that i rather be single than unhappily coupled.

so why exactly am i here?

as every single 20 something woman would know, we spend a fair amount of time talking and thinking bout relationships. perhaps even more than we actually spend dating itself. it's just a way of making some form of sense through all the confusion. and since i've always enjoyed the release that writing brings, why not write it out?

so forgive me as i ramble and fumble and write bout it... it's just me trying to sort my thoughts out and make some form of sense through all the confusion.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger NotCarrie said...

Wow, it's like you're me or something. ha! Glad you dropped by our site!

 
At 3:08 AM, Blogger emma5 said...

Ha, I love that definition, I would have to agree.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home