Wednesday, December 10, 2008

but he's 18!

a couple of months ago i met the 18 year old brother of my friend who used to be based in dubai and who incidentally i now work in the same office with her. he was then helping out in another project. to be honest, he’s a pretty cute guy and it was disturbingly distracting when he was parading around shirtless after a run when i was briefly in my friend’s house.

recently he helped out in the project that i was on and i got to know him a lil better and we got along quite well. he’s just pretty fun to talk to and joke around with.

so one day i saw him carrying a tiny sample of after shave lotion and asked, “do you use that?”

there was a 2-second beat of silence… so i added, “do you even shave??”

he laughed and explained that it was for his brother in law (my friend’s husband). and went on to add that he only shaved once in 2 days.

“oh keep it that way. clean-cut is overrated. most girls prefer a bit of stubble. i like it”, i was kinda on my pro stubble roll without even realizing it.

he then turned around and asked me shamelessly, “do you like me, jo?”

i could not help it. i burst into loud laughter. he’s just too funny. i mean it’s not that he’s not attractive in his own way… but he’s 18!

to make matters worst, he posted a picture of the 2 of us on his online social utility site where our colleague commented bout what a couple we made and how he kept on talking bout me. a friend of mine saw that picture and comment and promptly asked me privately what was the dish on the guy and if there was something going on.

er… he’s 18! even though she thought he looked like 23 and we had that “couple” look. but i mean geez, he’s 18!!

so after all this excitement, i wound up having a dream bout him last night. one where he leaned over and kissed me. oh my god that is so wrong on so many levels. he’s 18!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger Crashdummie said...

wow, i mean wow....
The worst part abt aging is not the growing up part or getting older, its the fact that all the cuties are young, oh so young. U kinda feel sleezy even admitting that someone younger than u lookz hot.

I think we have the similar problem. I apparently look like i'm 21-23 so i always have young guyz hitting on me. I'm bad with ages but when I find out they are younger i react like u, something in between of a laughter and an "euwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"!

But... does he fancy you then? or is he somewhat of a player. Not suggesting anythings, just asking jo :)

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger jo said...

crashy: i think you're so right bout the worst part of aging. more often than not i find the young ones hot which just ups the eww factor when i think of how pedophiliac i must come across haha!

i look young too. most people think i'm bout 22. i've had my fair share of the young ones hitting on me... or maybe me on 'em? it's clear that i don't have a problem with younger guys... but i have a lowest limit of 21.

i don't think my friend's 18 year old brother fancies me. and he's not a player either. he's just a nice happy-go-lucky guy who i happen to be able to get along with. i just hope that all this teasing that other people are giving to him as well as me doesn't scare him away from being my friend. 'coz obviously to him i'm like eeww old!! haha!

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger Scotty said...

You looking to rob the cradle?

:)

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Katya said...

Oh Jo, 18, so, so wrong lol! But you're right, the cute ones are often far too young.

Hope he doesn't get scared off from being your friend :)

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger jo said...

scotty: this is beyond robbing the cradle... it's like stealing an in vitro embryo haha!

katya: i attempted talking to him on IM to see if he was scared off but he seems alright. even gave me a "hugs" before i left the conversation. so i think it's okay?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home