Monday, August 16, 2010

it's my party and i'll sip mojito if i want to

i can't believe how fast time flies. but today marks the date where i can officially say that i've walked the earth for 3 whole decades. i've gone a level up, i'm no longer a 20-something, something that i've known for the last 10 years.

in honor of turning the big 3, i thought it was fitting that i had a "big" bash. friday night turned out to be great. i haven't had a party with all my different friends since i was 21. it was interesting to note that for the most part, no one who attended my 21st birthday, was still around for my 30th. (though i did invite a few old school friends but they were unable to make it and of 'coz my best friend has since moved far away) we all sat around drinking our yummy mojitos and chatting as well as watch one of my single guy friends try and hit on a few of my single girl friends. too funny. it was a very nice chilled out time that ended before midnight. what a shocker... since given a few years ago, birthdays would have been all bout partying and getting tipsy. i guess that's what happens when you grow older...

the rest of the weekend was just as sedate as the alpha boy joined in for dinner celebrations with my family and other assorted family time.

but what really took the cake was cake-cutting in the office (yes i actually went to work today)... it is another colleague/friend's birthday later in the week and the office people decided to do a joint celebration for us. that meant having a cake with 59 candles. brilliant, i now know how it feels to be 59. let me take one step at a time...

5 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger Toni said...

Happy Birthday, hope you had a great time.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Little Miss Angry said...

happy birthday!!! :)

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Katya said...

Happy Birthday Jo!

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger I Need A Fairy Godmother said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope you had a great day :)

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger jo said...

thanks for all the wishes :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home