Tuesday, June 15, 2010

let me tell you my thoughts on the morning commute

for the most part, the times when i actually do take public transportation as my morning commute to work, is uneventful. i merely squeeze in with the rest of the blurry-eyed worker bees and zone out until i reach the office.

the morning started out just bout the same. except that halfway along the journey, this guy got on the bus. he looked kinda cute at first glance but my sharp eyes per usual honed in on his left hand. married.

just when i was bout to carry on my merry way drowning out the world, i caught him looking at me. he was possibly looking for seats but let's just go with my train of thought and say that he was looking at me.

i get distinctively uncomfortable when a cute guy looks at me. it's weird. my flight mode wants to kick in. that could be probably why i was single that long but let's not digress.

i felt even more uncomfortable when the cute guy decided to plonk himself right next to me. and what's up with him wearing all that lovely inviting cologne? i can be drawn in by my sense of smell (which normally isn't all that acute unless annoyingly enough, it's a man's cologne)... that's why i started to douse myself with perfume in order to ward off such olfactory advances. doesn't he know this??

the cute guy shifts around in his seat to get comfortable and inadvertently bumps shoulders and legs with me...

me (thinking): totally trying for some physical contact!

we sit there calmly...

me (thinking): i can't breathe. how the heck?! when was the last time i couldn't breathe in the presence of a cute guy? does this normally happen to me?? breathe breathe. i still can't breathe! thank goodness we are both plugged into our music or else he might be able to tell that my breathing isn't normal. okay maybe i should sing along to the music to myself to calm down.

we continue to sit there calmly.

i look at the passing scenery outside the window in order to give my nose a break from his alluring scent. i turn back to give my neck a break only to realise that he's in the process of turning to look as well and it ends up with him just bout facing my profile...

me (thinking): damn! my profile so isn't the best side of me. do i have a zit? with the sunlight hitting my face, he can see every single one of my pores!

we still sit there calmly...

me (thinking): hmm maybe i'm just working myself up for nothing. maybe he's not even that cute. maybe he's really old. hmm i wonder how old he might be...

a guy diagonally to the back of us coughs. i turn briefly to look at him but really that is just an excuse to check out if the cute guy's hair is weaved with white. it isn't.

me (thinking): it's my stop soon... you mean i have to actually try and squeeze past the cute guy to get out?

my stop comes round and turns out it's the cute guy's stop too.

me (thinking): stalker! haha!

he stands up, gets out and waits to cross the road, all without giving me a backwards glance.

me (thinking): tease!

8 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Blogger Little Miss Angry said...

LOL. this was so funny...!

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger jo said...

little miss angry: thanks :) at that moment though i really thought i might just pass out from lack of air haha!

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Dater at Large said...

ah, public transit romances. so much happening in such a short period of time. good fun!

 
At 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha that was funny! I usually think stuff like that too, what happens to me is that I start to smile and laugh quietly and hope the guy doesn't think i'm a crazy person, ^_^!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger jo said...

dater at large: oh yes, it's just a fleeting flirtation :P sometimes i wonder what would happen if i really did meet someone while on public transport. that sounds romantic.

treedome: haha! i love it! you smiling and laughing quietly to yourself. i'm sure i do that too. or have a bit of a schoolgirl giggle. i'm sure the guy thinks i'm crazy. if not, everyone else does haha!

 
At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you.
Write a book.
NAO.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Armored Lady said...

I cant breathe when my crush is around he's also a common stranger...the feeling is mutual

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous G/W said...

God, I have these moments with cute boys more often than I'd like to admit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home