Monday, February 27, 2006

just another random situation

friday nite i was out partying per usual with my usual party girls. our first stop was a friend's event to promote scottish beer and then we 'crashed' an open event for european MBA students. later we headed to a club where none of us usually likes to go 'coz we don't like the crowd. but somehow through a long string of friend's friend, we wound up there.

somewhere in that long string of friend's friend relation, this guy started talking to me. he seemed like a player type but we got along pretty well though he kept disappearing to talk to his other friends. whatever. after a while i was tired and wanted to head home. at that point, jack-in-the-box wasn't around and for a moment i contemplated bout waiting till he got back so i could say goodbye. but then i thought bout it. he knew that i was gonna leave soon 'coz i actually told him in an earlier conversation when he asked if i was staying till the end. and he acted all sad and gave me a hug but never did anything proactive like ask for my number or whatever. and besides he was disappearing from time to time the whole nite like a jack-in-the-box. if he was really that interested in getting to know me, he would have just ditched his friends for a bit or at least ask for my number. i decided that he's just not that into me and left without properly saying goodbye to him. anyway it's not like i'm all that interested or whatever either. and it's highly unlikely that i'll ever see him again. not that i actually care.

while i'm glad for my indifferent attitude, sometimes i'm just tired of it all. 'coz all these random situations ultimately just doesn't seem to lead to anywhere substantial. i find myself wondering why doesn't anyone just follow through for goodness sakes!

i think i'm going wrong somewhere...

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 2:06 AM, Blogger NotCarrie said...

Yeah, it's tough. It's like, I know I'm awesome but I'm just waiting for others to realize it;)

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Vixen said...

I think if you've been in the dating pool long enough, you are bound to get indifferent at one point or another. I have to force my way out of it and stop thinking that every road is just another dead end. Must be the eternal optimist in me.

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Single guy blogging said...

Maybe he was intimidated? It's occasionally difficult for guys to make the first move. Rejection wears on you sometimes...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home