Monday, July 11, 2011

where has my youth gone?

i haven't exactly disappeared, i just went on vacation. and now i'm back. reality sucks.

it was a fantastic vacation time travelling around in various cities. unfortunately, i didn't actually meet anyone interesting. who am i kidding? i was vacationing with my family, it's kinda hard to meet anyone interesting under such circumstances. then again, who am i kidding? i don't even meet anyone even while travelling alone or other friends!

the funny thing (okay, so maybe it's not exactly funny) that i realised on this trip is that while i did have some younger service guys calling me terms of endearment such as beautiful, i mostly only got older looking men checking me out and randomly saying hi.

this is perhaps creepier since i actually look like i'm only in my early 20s.

i wonder how this happened. i don't remember being attractive to the older generation on previous vacations. it makes me wonder if maybe that's my target market now. that's kinda sad.

3 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger Little Miss Me said...

Haha I'm sure it's not your target market but I think it's the fact that we have reached the age where old men can be fairly sure we aren't underage and therefore don't have the fear of being confused for a pedophile...I'm actually starting to get insulted when I'm not asked for ID everywhere...I really am getting old

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger jo said...

little miss me: haha! i love your explanation. it makes me feel so much better! i know what you mean... i still get a kick when i get asked for my ID even when i'm a good 10 years over the legal drinking age.

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger s.212 said...

haha don't worry jo it doesn't mean that's your target market now. Even when I was 17/18 I got the glances from much older men (and I look extremely young for my age as well) - creepy

Ah and I know exactly how you feel about going back to reality after a nice vacation. I'm still in that mode as well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home