Wednesday, October 22, 2008

the tall and short of things

i'm generally considered to be slightly above average in height for a girl. and like most girls, i like taller guys. i guess in my mind's eye, i kinda had a rough gauge as to what would be the lower and upper limit of my guy's ideal height.

previously i've always thought that i would be quite comfy with a guy bout my family friend's setup's height. except that when i met him on sunday, i suddenly felt that he was too short. and i wasn't even in my heels!

it's weird. 'coz i felt the same thing when i met up with the motivator. granted the motivator is slightly shorter than my family friend's setup which hence makes him slightly less than what i deem is an ideal height for a guy, but previously (when i was into someone) i never had a problem with that height before.

which brings me to the point that i think maybe after drummer boy, my version of my ideal guy height has changed. drummer boy is considered pretty tall and he's also a relatively big guy. let's just say that he's not exactly the toned athletic type. but i realised that i might like my guys tall and big. there's just something bout him being that size that makes you feel all safe and protected. and it's so nice when he just envelopes you into a big bear hug especially from behind.

but more to the point, maybe i'm just used to hanging around with taller guys now. first drummer boy and then cutie aussie colleague who i stand next to on a daily basis. in fact right now to me, cutie aussie colleague has the perfect height and built for a guy.

of 'coz my mom promptly told me that i couldn't afford to be picky like that anymore.

so since i'm feeling dorky, i decided to draw a lil "graph" on how the boys measure up... in height.

6 Comments:

At 12:48 AM, Blogger Scotty said...

I would like to see this next to a chart of how they compare against each other :)

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger jo said...

scotty: compare against each other in terms of what? :P personality, compatibilty and chemistry would just be too hard to compare haha!

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger SaneAndSingle said...

LOL! Love the chart! I like my guys big and tall also. Of course when I last stated that on my blog, some dufus commented that I must be a "big" woman, because size is relative! Haha! How absurd!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger jo said...

saneandsingle: oh yeah i remember that episode haha! i'm a relatively tall but also a relatively "tiny" woman but i don't like my guys slender. i mean i need someone to protect me dammit. and not someone who looks like even i can carry him over the threshold haha!

 
At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lots of women seem to want tall men. I think that's the number one thing that women say they want in dating profiles. I feel bad for the shorter guys because it's not like they can wear heels LOL. But then again, they can have the more petite gals. Love the chart by the way! As for myself, I tend to like them long and lean. I don't like super tall though, around six feet is nice.

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger jo said...

neverhadaboyfriend: yeah cutie aussie colleague is bout 6 feet which is an excellent height for me :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home