Thursday, December 14, 2006

beer and real men

i may have to change jobs.

to a beer brewing company.

not 'coz of a great love for beer nor a great dislike for my current job. but simply 'coz i'm starting to think that the cute guys are congregated at that beer brewing company.

last night i went with my party girl to a launch party organised by the beer brewing company which is also her client. first of all it was a great surprise to see that the first guy she wanted to introduce to me from corporate communications was in fact a friend i had lost touch with from school bout 8 years ago. we managed to catch up a bit though it was largely hindered 'coz he was busy on the job. she also introduced me to a few other guys, all pretty cute. but there was one that i was particularly attracted to.

"he's hot!" i whisper to my party girl once he was out of earshot

"i know!" my party girl laughed. "i'm not sure if he's single though." i cast a glance to check out for a ring. no ring. perfect. "i think he's bout your age" she adds.

"well knowing my track record, i'm not surprised if he's younger," i joked.

"he's kinda short though... is he shorter than you?" she asked

"i'm not sure. i gotta stand up first," i laughed.

"i think he's around your height," my party girl concluded.

"it's a pity that he's short. he's so cute," i resumed my swooning. "i love his smile. i don't usually like that whole korean actor hair thing but somehow it works for him,"

"okay the next time i'm gonna try and help you find out more. maybe ask him to hang out with us," my party girl offered. "hey *insert name of the beer brewing company* is hiring some people in *same department as the cute guy*, i could check it out for you then you can work with him and see him everyday." she added.

yes, i have great friends. great friends who not only care bout my singledom but also my career.

i guess i would have probably considered a change of company to the beer brewing company if only that office location wasn't even more remote than my current one.

oh well the things i would consider doing for the proximity to cute guys.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger Crashdummie said...

Mmmmmmm, Duff *droolz ala Homer Simpson*

So that's where all the cute guyz are hidden, in a beer brewing company. Do keep us updated regarding the career plan.

Yupp, just gotto adore your friend

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger *Red said...

I once went on a tour of the Coors plant in Colorado (not my choice I was forced), not a single hot guy there. In fact there was a family there, on a tour of a beer factory, interesting. Maybe I was in the wrong section. Good luck with the hot guy though!

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Dizzie said...

If he's shorter, do the TomKat thing - bend at the knees! :)

Oh, hot guys deliver water coolers, too!

My company has an average age of 50 (and it would be higher, only I drag it down). Nobody's cute at 50. Beat that, if you can!

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger JoJo said...

Hot guys are a good thing.

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Crashdummie said...

ryc - well actually I think I kinda had a sour throat last week thus, I had a whiskey voice.... guess that did the trick ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home