Tuesday, December 05, 2006

the new guy

guy colleague: how do you find the new guy?
jo: which new guy? the accountant?
guy colleague: haha.. ya
jo: to be honest i haven't talked to him at all
jo: i don't even think i'll recognise him yet haha!
jo: where is he today anyway?

guy colleague: haha.. he is behind me now!
jo: really?? oh man... see i told you i can't recognise him
jo: i thought it was a lady seated behind you just now
jo: how do you find him?

guy colleague: haha..
guy colleague: he's okay..


the IM exchange left me a lil puzzled. not that my guy colleague suddenly IMed me 'coz we've been known to have a bit of a chat at times. but why would he suddenly ask me how i found the new accountant?

that was somewhat answered later when he popped by my workspace.

"why did you suddenly ask me bout what i thought of the new guy?" i asked curiously.

"well he's single and available and you're single and available," he said matter of factly.

"wh..what?" i nearly laughed.

"we were talking and one of the first things he said was that he finds it hard to find single and attractive women," he explained.

"that's the first thing he said??" that surprised me since usually the first thing anyone who was new to the office would probably say would be to perhaps comment on our remote location or the wacky managers we have.

"yep i was surprised too" he laughed.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Blogger Dizzie said...

Yey, I'm first!

Good grief, male coworkers trying to set you up just like that? Honey, you need a date, and fast! :)

Over at my office, they pretend they don't know any men. I must have something in me that make them want to tell their friends to run for the woods....

Or, maybe it's just that over here you don't discuss those things. you discuss money, politics and religion, but not your current single status. That is shameful!

:)

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Crashdummie said...

Omg, was he for real?!?

Well, atleast his right to the point & straightforward. Do let me know how he was - I'm sure you'll run into him in the cantine, by the coffee machine/fax/printes - you're call.. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home