Monday, January 29, 2007

wishing and hoping

my oldest school friend and i are friends not 'coz we share a whole lot. it seems like i usually find out some of the 'important' and interesting happenings in her life through her blog. and she doesn't actually even say a whole lot.

just this morning i was thinking to myself bout how it's been ages since i last met up with her and caught up proper. then i decided to check out her blog as i do on a pretty regular basis. her latest post only featured 2 short paragraphs but the first sentence caught my eye "last night i was showing the bf some photos on my blog..."

whoa! "the bf"?? i felt like such a terrible friend 'coz i didn't even know that she was casually seeing someone regular enough to even have the possibility of getting attached. i was really excited so i proceeded to IM her to talk bout it.

now i'm one of those who actually gets pretty excited when my friend is newly attached or engaged or expecting a baby. sometimes i think i'm more excited than 'em. i don't know why. it's almost as though i'm excited bout all the possibilities and the new phase in life.

but while i'm truly happy for 'em, i can't help thinking in the back of my mind that i want that too. all the possibilities and new phase in life. and i can't help but wonder why that hasn't happened for me yet.

i'm not losing hope though. i still believe that bigger and better things are in store. and that they are coming soon. (now that's some optimism haha!) and then all that waiting and wondering would be worth it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger emma5 said...

I feel the same Jo. Soon we are going to be winning though, I know it. Yeah, I'm totally over the Jeff thing, I go through phases all the time.

 
At 2:44 AM, Blogger Dizzie said...

Maybe I'm just trying to excuse myself here, becuase I'm lousy at keeping myself updated on what goes on in the lives of friends - but the phone goes both ways, Jo! It's NOT your job to keep yourself updated, to ask the right questions, to call and talk. Heck, she COULD have told you about a million times she hooked up, couldn't she?


And do NOT lose hope. If I'm still kicking and screaming, the calmly pessimistic nature that is me, then YOU are NOT ALLOWED to loose hope!



Heck, if worse comes to worse, you can move in with me and my hundreds of cats, and be Blanche! ;)

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Crashdummie said...

Life is what goes by when we think abt past or plan for the future...

I know the feeling of drifting away from a friend, and just as I wrote in a post few weeks ago, its a strange feeling.

Like everything else, freinds needs commitment and dedication, and sometimes one part ends up doing too much...

Hope things works out for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home