Sunday, January 07, 2007

loss of mojo

it's been so long since i've partied and more importantly it's been ages since i last met up with my party girl. so i took the chance on friday to catch up with her over dinner and then do a bit of our usual partying. i need to be out there right?

the catching up was great. and then we went to a bar we've been frequenting lately and chatted with the bar manager and the owner for a bit. the bar manager was the bad boy guy that i've always found attractive. the last time we met things got somewhat interesting. but this time it's obvious that there's nothing there. he's definitely not interested and while i still find him attractive, he's not what i want either.

later my party girl and i along with another friend who met us in the bar and another guy who picked up my party girl in the bar went to another club. it was there that we ran into the aussie analyst who was there with his aussie friends who we also know. i couldn't help it. i still found myself inexplainably attracted to him. he gave me a nice greeting hug and cheek kisses and even winked at me once but that connection we had at my birthday party just wasn't there. there was even a time when my party girl was seated on the arm of one of the guy's chair chatting and since the aussie analyst was seated in another chair, i sat on the arm of his chair so that we could all chat. well that didn't quite work out and after a while the aussie analyst must have gotten bored of our conversation 'coz he moved over to another seat to chat with another of his friends. but of 'coz i had to give it one last shot so i tipsy texted him. he didn't reply. i believe this pretty much seals it for me. i'm done with him. anyhow he's not really someone i want for the long term.

given what happened that night, it's either i have lost my mojo or i've lost my interest in partying. or maybe i'm just beginning to look further into the future and work towards that instead of just a temporary fun.

gosh now i just sound boring. haha!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Blogger emma5 said...

Haha, yeah I didn't mean for you to use the phrase "romantic date", but you know, ask him to the cinema but just with you and I think he'll get the picture. I should probably just drop it now though because you don't seem to want to. And forget Aussie analyst, he doesn't sound that great at all.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Dizzie said...

Whoa, bad boys are the best! ;)

I've got chills already...


I haven't met up with my party girl since she turned in her glittery top for a nursing bra... all my friends are spitting out children like on a water slide - what's the matter with those people????

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Dizzie said...

ryc: lucky bastard. Most of my friends have started breeding like rabbits in heat with no tomorrow to look forward to. If it was just the practicing, I'd get it, but the result...? *sigh*

Your biological clock is ticking? Mine is on repair. All of my boyfriends wanted the "I do's" and kids that follow, but not me. So, they took my clock and handed it over to a repair man. I have no idea where it is. But I don't miss it...! ;D

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Crashdummie said...

Uuuh bad boys are attractive.

Who said that while you are waiting for Mr Right, you can't have a lil' fun with Mr right-Now and Mr Wrong?

I say - do everything I wouldn't! ;)

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Dizzie said...

Crashy - that means she's up for almost anything besides knitting and watching Buffy? :D

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger jo said...

i looove watching buffy... i can't knit to save my life but i can manage a cross-stitch haha!

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Dizzie said...

ryc: How about we start celebrating single-anniversaries instead of wedding anniversaries??? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home