Tuesday, April 08, 2008

juggling IM conversations

last night i was up till nearly 3am chatting with 3 guys on IM.

so in no particular order... here are the guys who kept me awake last night...


guy 1:

he's one of the guys that i winked at via the online dating site. he added me on IM. we've chatted a few times since. i've mentioned that i'm kinda interested but he's not exactly rushing to ask me out. but yet whenever we get into one of our chats, it's undeniable that we do get along really well.

we're both similarly quirky and yet can be total opposites. and freakier still, we have on a few occasions been in the same vicinity (and once in the exact same smallish club) as each other but of 'coz neither of us knew it till now. he drinks and parties and likes play fighting (ooh!) and is also a preacher's kid! haha! that would totally suit me.

guy 2:

my ex-department-colleague has been talking bout introducing me to a guy friend of hers. in fact she herself is fast becoming a friend of mine.

so for the last few weeks she has added me to her conversation with him. and so far he's been a pretty good conversant.

on saturday i met up with her and her bunch of friends at a bar that i have never been before. it was a really great time. i just got along well with everyone to the point that her boyfriend actually raved bout how outgoing i was and how it was very easy to just talk to me.

anyhow this guy friend of hers was there as well. we didn't talk a whole lot but it was still nice to put a face to a conversation. there is no attraction on my part but he is pretty good to talk to as was evident from our first IM conversation alone last night.

guy 3:

on that same saturday, my ex-department-colleague and i were checking out this cute guy who walked past us at the bar. it turns out that he's an old friend of her boyfriend. he was with another guy and girl and i somehow at that point i got introduced to the guy he was with (who had a nice shirt and i told him so) and not to the cute guy.

my ex-department-colleague's boyfriend was inside the bar catching up with his friends when he came outside where the rest of us were. he chatted briefly with his girlfriend and then told me that the not cute guy wanted to buy me a drink and wanted me to go inside the bar. maybe i should start paying guys more compliments on their attire.

anyhow i went inside to chat with that group and they were really nice. they were just all very easy to talk to. i was attracted to the cute guy but i had to try and keep my attraction in check since they all knew that in all likelihood, the not cute guy probably was a bit interested in me.

the cute guy and i somehow started talking bout meeting up at the bar again on wednesday and he got my number. i was surprised that yesterday night he texted me and asked for my IM.

it was a really good IM chat. just as engaging as a real life conversation with him is. he said that he would try and get the same group down for drinks on wednesday but if not, then it would be just the 2 of us. well i can't say that i'm too disappointed at that...


so it may not exactly be the most exciting guy action but getting to know new people is always good...

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger Crashdummie said...

Yupp, you should always keep you options open, well that is until it gets serious obviously.

All of the guys seems interesting, but like an audience, I’d say go for Bachlor no. 3 ;) He just seem introging, yet not a hurricane o complication like no. 1 or to uncertain as no. 2.

Happy hunting jojo! ;)

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

3 is perfect for juggling.

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger A Dating Diary said...

so you had a 4some???


love the IM juggling!

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Ginormous Boobs said...

I have a hard time juggling. I always forget who I'm talking to and mistakenly write the wrong message to the wrong person

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger jo said...

ginormous boobs: i don't have problems with that... but what i do have a problem is later remembering what conversation i had with who. sometimes i thought i had a conversation bout a particular topic with one guy and want to bring it up again but then realise that that was a conversation with another guy. oops haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home