Monday, May 05, 2008

something different

friday night was a very rare night in for me. but apparently everyone else must have been out 'coz i received a text from shrek boy at 2.27am...

shrek boy: out tonite? just left. *insert name of club which incidentally is where i've been hanging out with my new BFF* i think. let me know.
jo: i was too lazy to head out tonight :p
shrek boy: too lazy for me? steak tomorrow?
jo: haha! okay... confirm with me the plan tomorrow :p
shrek boy: k

so i was well aware that it was a tipsy text. i have no illusions otherwise. and hence i was half prepared for him not to contact me the next day especially when it was bout 5pm and i still hadn't heard from him.

but he surprised me by calling. so he remembered. and better yet, i liked that he was proactive in that he actually asked his friend for a suggestion as to which nice steak house to bring me too. he's only been here for less than a year and more than half the time he's based overseas. so he made reservations and we arranged the time to meet.

it was a nice steak house. more pricey than i thought it would be. together with the 1999 la tour haut brion bottle of wine he ordered, the bill must have set him back a fair bit. in fact i'm not really used to someone spending that much on me. for that matter, i'm not used to actually going out with someone i randomly made out with... hence the whole random thing.

after dinner we walked around for an hour and found ourselves near his apartment. it was a nice surprise that he didn't just assume i would head upstairs to his apartment. he led me to the poolside instead where we shared a deck chair and laid down to look at the stars. pretty soon we were making out for bout an hour. it was funny 'coz during the whole time we were being attacked viciously by mosquitoes. in the end we decided to head off.

he asked if i wanted to go up to his apartment though he made it clear that it was my decision and it was okay if i didn't want to. i decided to head home instead.

on my way back he texted me...

shrek boy: had a great time tonight. sweet dreams
jo: thanks! i had a great time too. sleep tight.

he flew off yesterday to the place where he's based from monday to thursday. before he left he texted me asking how my day went. we exchanged a few texts and then he flew off.

he does seem pretty nice. but at the same time we don't have a whole lotta rapport communication wise. the making out chemistry is pretty good though (but of 'coz obviously not like what i shared with dj guy but really i shouldn't try to compare now should i?). i'm not sure what's going to happen, if anything at all. i guess it would depend if he contacts me when he's back in town next weekend.

****

the yummy mommy called on sunday night just to check in on me. she also filled me in on the details i missed out on on friday night. apparently i was more tipsy than i realised 'coz my selective memory was in full swing.

she did give props to shrek boy for boldly coming over to talk to me after observing me for a while from across the bar. and i realised that the other guy she was talking to was in fact a guy she dared me to pick up at cozy hole-in-the-wall bar haha! that part i don't quite remember though when she said it, i did have some vague memory of that happening.

oh well overall fun times i suppose...

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

I work with many of the Monday thru Thursday consultants. It gets really old for them to live out of a suitcase all the time. And dating one who is only available fri-sun? Rrg - frustrating.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger jo said...

i think so far he's liking the whole travelling thing. like he said, he hasn't found a real reason to keep him in one place as yet. well saturday nights have traditionally been slow for me, so maybe he might help spice things up?

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Crashdummie said...

jojo, getting all confused with the men in you life. maybe you should go like Mae west and claim that it's not the men in your life that matters, but the life in your men ;)

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger jo said...

haha! well when asked what is my type of guy, i always joke and say "breathing". okay so i'm not really joking bout that 'coz that IS a pre-requisite haha!

 
At 3:32 AM, Blogger Ginormous Boobs said...

A steak dinner and a makeout is way better than a makeout with no steak dinner.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger jo said...

true... but is just a steak dinner better than just a makeout? haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home