Saturday, December 05, 2009

stereotypically this is what men want

while i'm realistic in that i'm not the hottest girl around, i do believe that i'm in no way considered unattractive by anyone's standards. but i also know that my "look" and personality only appeals to a rather niche market. story of my life.

in essence, i'm just not the typical sweet and demure type that so many guys seem to go for (yawn, how boring…). and recently this stereotype on what guys find attractive was reinforced.

the online social utility site is an amazing stalker device and for some reason or another, in the last week i had 2 guy friends stalking my site to check out my female friends. the funny thing was that out of all the female friends listed there, both of them basically asked bout the same girls!

i found that hilarious. those girls obviously weren't available since apparently they were the epitome of what guys wanted in appearance. but seriously, the same girls??

they were the sweet and demure types… at least in appearance. i don't know either of 'em well enough to comment on their personalities (though i'm sure that at least one of 'em is smart and has a mind of her own, incidentally she's married). but that just confirms it for me, most guys really are just looking for that "look", complete with long flowing hair.

so where does that leave me? with a boy whose "look" (unfortunately?) appeals to most girls, that's where.

4 Comments:

At 12:24 AM, Blogger SaneAndSingle said...

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I'm in no way unattractive, but I do have a certain "look" and definitely a certain "personality" that would only appeal to a certain crowd of men. Seems that those men are jerks. LOL I kid, I kid. Kinda. ;-)

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger jo said...

saneandsingle: hahaha! okay now that you mention it, i have attracted a fair amount of jerks in my lifetime as well. maybe 'coz there are a whole lotta jerks out there? i'm also a bit of a magnet for married men. i swear it's in the unattainable.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Lifestyle Lookbook said...

Haha I totally get you. I'm eurasian, so I end up getting those with a fetish for asians or "halfies" as we're called. In fact, on online dating, I've had my fair share of 44 year olds with two kids trying to contact me, I think purely based on my background. Gross!

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger jo said...

you make my date: oh for sure! you don't really wanna be chosen just 'coz someone has a fetish for asians. and 44 year olds with 2 kids should really read your online dating profile on what you want. i'm sure they're not it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home