Wednesday, May 26, 2010

simply put, love is fattening

much like the freshman 15, i think being attached makes you gain weight.

i used to be an avid runner, someone who joined pretty much all the races she could, a marathoner, you could say. fast forward to nearly 1.5 years later and i much pretty stopped exercising. it was just hard to fit that in together with relatively long work hours, trying to hold onto a social life and spending as much time as i can with the alpha boy.

my mid-section looks increasingly more like the united kingdom. my legs aren't as toned. my thighs wobble with cellulite. i may not have necessarily piled on the pounds but my jeans are certainly starting to feel significantly tighter.

now if you knew me in real life, you might not quite understand it. 'coz yes, i am still considered underweight. but while i do not want to lose weight per se, i just feel that my body isn't the way it used to be.

my excuse for not running has been that i have somehow managed to injure myself. in a way it's true as my neck and back have been feeling unaligned for the past year and causing me a certain amount of discomfort and pain. but the other part of the truth is that i've just been lazy which annoys me and yet...

the combined reasons of my lack of exercise annoyed me even more after i heard that the drummer boy spent the weekend doing a vertical marathon with his girlfriend. drummer boy. the boy who didn't ever exercise when we were "together". i definitely feel like a slob now.

so while i try and sort out my neck and back and get back on track, i'll just search for some comfort and reach for a piece of fried chicken... not (hopefully...)

2 Comments:

At 12:08 AM, Blogger Dater at Large said...

This is SO true. At least you have something to show for your flabbiness, though!

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger Mahogany said...

I know exactly how you feel! I began to spend most of my free time with my ex when we first began dating,so there went my exercise routine. He liked my cooking,so I was always in the kitchen and eating more that usual. Before I knew it had packed on 20 lbs. I couldn't believe it. He didn't mind the extra pudge but I couldn't stand it. I'm still trying to lose the extra lbs. So,yeah, I can definitely relate all too well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home