Wednesday, December 29, 2010

hello excitement, why have you left me?

i woke up this morning to a status update from the "other woman" stating that she was married to her boyfriend of a few months who she upped and moved countries for after knowing him for less than a week on holiday while then still being in a less than a month long relationship with someone else back home.

of 'coz this brought bout a flurry of comments including question marks from the alpha boy and myself.

the "other woman" later dropped us an email to explain...

i'm not legally married.
we are just married through the power of love and commitment.
we did exchange vows while driving to work this morning though...

i said, do you *insert name of the "other woman"'s boyfriend* accept "insert name of the "other woman"* as your wife, blah blah blah... and he said i do, and i said i do too!

okay i'm sure i'm not the only one who thinks this is very strange indeed.

are normal people married through the power of love and commitment? and do normal people exchange vows while driving to work?

and yet she's the one getting all the excitement right? so maybe she is doing something right afterall?

i'm beginning to think i'm too darn normal for my own good.

6 Comments:

At 4:18 AM, Blogger Lifebeginsat30ty said...

Um, that is very very weird! As long as they are happy I guess that's all that matters. But definitely not for me!

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Armored Lady said...

A lot of couple in in the philippines are doing the same thing...♥
by the power of love and commitment
(so wierd....)

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger Dater at Large said...

I think that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. For me, marriage is about making a legal commitment to go with the "love" commitment you've made. If you want to say married, I think you have to actually get married!

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger *♥* Påp¡llØñ *♥* said...

All I can say is "WTF". If that were the case, I would be an adulterer many times over lmfao...

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger LuckyGirl said...

I just wish that I worked with them, so that I could have attended the reception at the water cooler.

This is fanf*ckingtastic (and also batsh*t crazy).

 
At 7:55 PM, Anonymous G/W said...

That sounds a little more than just kooky

 

Post a Comment

<< Home