Tuesday, September 05, 2006

hiding london

there's something bout me that finds it strangely comforting to tell 'strangers' or friends that i haven't actually met in real life bout my guy happenings. but ask any of my 'real life' friends and they'd probably be clueless to most of the random guys. it's almost like i hate friends to know what's going on unless it's for real.

recently i was talking to my best friend's sister bout kathy reichs books which i've only recently started reading. i started to mention that my london guy friend just bought me the new kathy reich book... but then i caught myself. instead i just casually brushed it off as a friend. she didn't even notice.

now a random guy is bad enough, but if my friend actually knows the guy... that's even more complicated. which is probably why i've never actually mentioned to anyone that my london guy friend and i are pretty close*.

in fact i first met him while my best friend, her cousin (another friend of mine) and i were in a club a few years ago. i think perhaps he picked up my best friend's cousin or something, i'm not too sure. but it seemed like they were perhaps going to start an almost thing though i know for a fact that nothing happened. but we all hung out together in a relatively big group of friends and soon after my best friend's cousin coupled up with my best friend's guy friend. my london guy friend didn't even bother too much.

despite all that hanging out, i've never been close to my london guy friend. i think maybe in part it was 'coz of my best friend's cousin. though i admit that i always found him somewhat attractive. but i remember the time where we actually talked and got closer... literally. it was while we were squeezed in the back of my best friend's guy friend's van. we were in rather close proximity and we chatted a bit while being squeezed closer together with every turn of the van. and then somehow along the way we must have exchanged IM addresses and started IMing when he went back to london. then came the brief meeting ups whenever he came back for a holiday. and of 'coz there was that fabulous london trip.

so where am i going with this whole background story on my london guy friend? basically my point (long winded as it is) is that he's someone a particular group of my friends actually know. granted he hasn't been in contact with 'em except for me and my best friend's cousin's ex friend (who incidentally was the girl he sorta had a thing with in the beginning of the year).

but yet i've failed to ever mention him. they don't even know that i'm in touch with him or that i visited him in london or that we seem to be starting to be pretty good friends. and least of all that i ever started to fancy him.

i guess it's just gonna stay this way unless something actually happens for real...

* well i don't know how close we are now 'coz we haven't been talking much the last few weeks all thanks to the english premier league. men and their balls... er... football that is...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home