Monday, August 28, 2006

champagne & beer

i think i was a good girl this weekend.

the yummy mommy and i went out on friday night. for the most part we were hanging out in this pub that we used to frequent and have recently been frequenting again. we were having our free flow of champagne and chatting by ourselves before we moved to join some of the bosses at their table. we know 'em so it's not a problem. they're pretty shorthanded and were trying to get us to work for 'em part-time. i've always fancied the idea of working in a bar but i've never bartended and i'm pretty clumsy so perhaps waitressing is out as well. of 'coz the bosses didn't seem to care much bout that fact haha!

in one of our conversations, the yummy mommy let it on to me that she heard from some staff that the dj in that pub really liked me. this is the thing i don't get. i met that guy over a year ago. he asked for my number and in a tipsy state during his birthday party, even introduced me to his family members as his girlfriend. but what he never did was to actually call me to ask me out. not that i'm interested 'coz i'm not but still i find it hard to believe that he supposed likes me that much but doesn't ask me out. or is this a new fad nowadays?

later we headed to our usual rounds of clubs to dance. the fun was short circuited for me when between me and some idiot drunk guy seated next to me, i managed to get champagne spilled all over me. and i really mean all over me. i headed home soon after.

maybe those bosses should reconsider wanting me to work in their pub...

****

so on saturday i actually did a lil detour to support out of office eye candy in the roadshow. there were some other people from work helping out as well. i didn't say much as to why i was there except that i happened to be around the area.

out of office eye candy was pretty busy so i didn't get much time to talk to him. our brief conversation went something like this:

*out of office eye candy nudges jo as he checks out the pockets of the guy in front*
jo: stop checking out his ass!
out of office eye candy: *laughs* no i can tell if a guy is a driver or not
*out of office eye candy proceeds to tell jo a few different ways how you can tell*

it's a pity that by the time he was free to chat, i had to leave to meet some other friends. all the same i'm glad i detoured a lil. at least he knows that i'm a woman of my word.

****

later i went to meet my other friends for a world music concert. it was large scale, it was sweltering hot. but we ate and drank and danced and had a great time. i hardly drink beer but it just felt like a beer kinda event. i saw my party girl with some of her other friends and we said hey for a bit. after the event she headed to the pub we frequent to meet some other friends of ours. but i was too tired out and decided to stay put for the post event party for a while before heading home.

well at least i didn't spill any beer on me...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:45 AM, Blogger Frankly, Scarlett said...

good for you for not spilling beer! I couldnt even make it through the morning without spilling coffee on myself!

Glad you had fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home