Thursday, August 24, 2006

the original texan intern

for the last 2 years, my company has been hiring interns from a certain college in texas to work for a month during the summer hols. traditionally (if you can call 2 consecutive years a tradition) my company has one intern based in my remote office while the other interns are based in the downtown office. which probably means that the one intern in this office pretty much has the added stress of having to get to know other employees or else possibly face lunch alone with no one to talk to... okay so we're not really that mean... but you get my drift...

those who have been following this blog would have read bout texas tall, the lone intern based in my remote office. but in fact, there was another intern before texas tall (and before this blog was even started). the intern last summer was texas curly.

texas curly was helping out my colleague who incidentally i'm pretty close to. one day she assigned me with the task of making sure that he didn't get lost while taking the bus to the train station. i gladly took up that task. afterall if you've seen texas curly you'd know that he's a real cutie. tall with dark blond curls, blue eyes and a killer smile. cute enough that his identical twin brother is a small-time model/actor. anyhow texas curly even has the personality to match with his looks. right from the start we got along fabulously. talking, joking and laughing throughout. and from then he would pop by my workspace for a lil chat or to ask if i wanted to head out of the office together. my previous boss man saw all of that and used to tease me that texas curly was too young for me. he's 3 years younger. but hey usually i wind up liking younger guys. it's in my genes that's what i say... my mom is 2 years older than my dad. texas curly and i even took our friendship out of the office. we met up a couple of times. in the office he gave me high-fives. out of the office he gave me hugs.

so why would i be bringing all of this up right now?

well since seeing the new intern texas tall, i've been reminded of texas curly. in addition, his birthday is less than a week's away from mine. we have been keeping in touch on/off since he left a year ago. more off than on 'coz he hates technology. but recently we've been emailing a lot more. he's leaving soon to work in china for a year and after that he said that he'll be touring around with some friends and is intending to visit me somewhere along the way. he even suggested that i could take some vacation days and go on a short trip with him. i can't wait to see him. i've always thought that if he and i were in the same place for long enough, we would definitely get along so well. he's just an all round great guy and we even share the same views on important matters. plus he's a cutie. what's there not to like?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Blogger Crashdummie said...

ow, the Texas Curly seem to be all dreamy. Umm how old is he exactly? Cuz I wanna know if I should ask you to ask him if he got a younger brother & older ;)

But isn't that typical. There might have become something, if you had the chance to let it grow. Your friends, but who knows, with time you'll maybe take it to another level. Or simply realize that good friends are exactly what you should be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home