Wednesday, September 06, 2006

the morning rings

i hauled my ass outta bed later than usual this morning. but i pottered around getting ready at my usual speed 'coz everyone in my office is usually late anyway. i had to take the bus to work which i actually pretty much hate since my office is kinda remote.

the bus was pretty crowded. i scanned around looking for a seat. and decided that the only available seat was a slightly inconvenient one next to a cutie. and no way i was going to stand in this bus ride.

"excuse me", i squeaked. and plonked myself down.

i get distinctively nervous when i'm in the presence of a cute guy. so there i am sitting there seemingly cool as a cucumber but feeling more like mashed potato inside. i'm acutely aware that each time the bus makes a sharp turn, our arms brush each other. what's it bout smaller built guys who still manage to have arms that feel remarkably muscular? hmmm...

i look down at my hands which are folded primly on my lap... and then i scoot a sidewards glance at his hands which are lying relaxed on his thighs.

i notice a ring on his ring finger... whew! it's on his right hand. what am i thinking?? it's not like i even know this guy or have ever talked to him. and in all likelihood, i'm probably never gonna see him again. just another random guy in the bus who works in an office along my bus route.

but then it hit me. i've been noticing rings a lot more lately. whenever i start talking to a new guy, i subconsciously look for a ring. not that all married men wear rings. but that all men who wear rings on the ring finger of their left hand are most definitely either married or attached.

i find myself wishing for those days where you didn't have to look for a ring 'coz probably no one was actually old enough to get married...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger Crashdummie said...

Ah the good old days ;)
Hey while you're at it, look for ring marks as well..

I've actually just got aware of the fact that I'm starting to note guys face features & structure and go "Hmm he has nice cheekbones/jawline etc"... Is that a sign that you are getting old and trying to make a mental note on how you're children would look like? *evil grin*

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Dan said...

I always keep hoping that when I take the bus, train, or plane, that I will sit next to someone attractive. The only time it happened, I didn't have the guts to start a conversation until the very end of the trip, and by then, it was too late. What is that they say? Seize the fish?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home