Sunday, November 05, 2006

another setup

recently my mom embarked on a small networking 'business' so to speak. and her mentor is this guy. since mom likes to keep the family involved, last week we all trooped down to meet up with her mentor. i just sat there listening, keeping quiet for the most part. but apparently i must have impressed mom's mentor somehow 'coz a few days later when my mom and him were on he phone, he kept saying how well i carried myself and how he's thinking of matching me with his friend's son.

i happened to be right there at that time when my mom was on the phone with her friend, so my mom decides to put me on the phone with him so i could say hi. and i did. i mean i didn't really know what to say. so it was just some very brief chitchat before i passed the phone back to her. later her friend commented that i spoke very well and he kept saying that he couldn't believe that i was still single. apparently he must find that very unbelieveable 'coz he kept asking my mom if she was lying that i was single. and he asked if i would break the guy's heart if he introduced him to me. my mom assured him that i was indeed truly single and i'm not the type to break hearts. well certainly no one has to worry bout me being a heartbreaker. if anything, i'm more likely to get my heart broken than to break someone's heart.

of 'coz i was the last to know that i was even going to be set up. isn't it alway the case. the people involved are the last to know. i'm kinda like oh whatever bout a potential setup while my parentals are very excited bout it. it's crazy. they are all like asking me to go for it whereas i'm all like whatever we'll see.

however today it wasn't really my choice. mom decided to get me to help her out so we all trooped down again to meet up with her mentor. then i realised that he asked his friend's son down as well. they claim that he's there to help us out, but i have a strong suspicion that it's to give me and him a chance to meet. that was kinda odd.

he turned out to be pretty nice though. and we chatted a bit and even played pool. but i'm not attracted to him so i guess that's not gonna work.

oh well... nice try haha!

i guess at the moment the person i'm most interested in getting to know is this russian younger richard gere lookalike that i met on friday night in the pub that i frequent. in fact it was his colleague who chatted me up but i thought the russian guy was really nice and attractive. it's a pity that he left before we got to know each other better or even exchange phone numbers. well apparently he claims that he frequents the pub pretty often though i've never seen him there before. i guess the next time if i do, hopefully we will get to chat more.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger Crashdummie said...

Awww sweety *hugz* you seemed to need a hug. Hehehe Uff, I can totally relate to when family & friends try to promote you, they always say the weirdest thing, making you sound totally lame, meek or da über-bitch!

Hmm maybe if you give your moms-mentors-friends-son a try he’d be not so bad? But then again, its quite often that we don’t fall for the guyz whom we are being set up with simply cuz there is no mystery there, no hunt, no suspence.

Uuuh, the Russian Richard Gere look alike sounds quite aight *grrr* hehehe So keep us updates!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home