Thursday, October 19, 2006

when you least expect it

in the last few weeks i've been living the life of a 50 year old woman. not that a 50 year old woman has to neccessarily be boring... but you know what i mean. i haven't been doing any of my usual crazy partying and drinking and weirdest of all, i haven't been even feeling like it. but usually stuff like that hit you back again when you least expect it.

i had intended it to be a relatively early night. just dinner with my aussie ex jim beam girl friend. my party girl was supposed to join us but due to a hair appointment, she said she would meet us later. that should have been my first sign.

the second sign had to be my aussie ex jim beam girl and i getting picked up by a guy who was trying on shoes next to us in aldo. he was deciding between laces or no laces and we were giving him our opinion. i was leaning towards laces. in between all the shoe-talk, i found out that he had noticed my hair (yes, my hair gets a lot of attention and can generally stop traffic haha!) while we were walking around the building and it was just by chance that ultimately we wound up at the same shoe shop. but it's obvious that he was more interested in my aussie ex jim beam girl though he asked for my number as well. that must be a record for him. 2 girls' numbers in one shoe shop. unless he just goes around 'preying on' girls in shoe shops. i'm kidding. he was actually rather nice and attractive. but we parted ways and went to meet my party girl.

there were no more signs after that. it was a straight up okay we're gonna party realisation. the club was packed. i hadn't been there in a while. i think the last time i was there was when i ran into not-so-shy texan. i didn't see him last night though. what a shocker! he's almost always there on wednesday nights. then again we haven't contacted since our meeting up. maybe he's gone back to texas?

anyway the club was packed with cute guys but it seemed like the only ones who talked to us randomly weren't the cute ones. such is life right? then we ran into an aussie asian guy that i used to see around quite some time ago. he's always vaguely resembled someone which is what always throws me off. he used to hang out with a bunch of crazy teacher guys from australia and new zealand. i haven't seen those guys in a while. i think perhaps they've got girlfriends and/or are busy playing rugby. i didn't count on aussie someone looklike knowing scottish beer man who turned up at the club as well. it's really a small world afterall. it was great to see scottish beer man. i haven't seen him in a while since he went back to scotland for a bit during my birthday celebrations which i wanted him to be there. he's nice and kinda cute but just a friend. besides he still has a girlfriend... i think. nah he's just a friend. afterall half the time we're play fighting with each other. and i do mean some light punching and kicking haha!

but anyhow for the most part i was knocking back the vodkas and dancing with my girls. occasionally i'd be dancing with aussie someone lookalike as well and belting out those rock songs the live band was playing. dang the band was good. i realised how much i missed 'em even though they've been back in this club for a while now. but this band brings me back to a time bout 3 years ago (before my current party people), where my best friend and some other friends of ours (including my london guy friend) used to party at this club all the time to hear the band. that reminds me i gotta IM the lead singer the next time i see him online 'coz he was surprised to see me again and waved at me from the stage while he was singing.

at bout 1am, us girls decided to call it a night. most of us had to work the next day even though i'm the only one who actually has to be in the office by 8.30am. so we bid the boys farewell. before i left, aussie someone lookalike asked me for my number again, he claims that he changed his phone and lost my number or whatever. gosh i'm not a kid... he must be kidding to think he could fool me. more likely than not he deleted my number. no worries 'coz i deleted his as well. but i gave him my number again anyway though i didn't get his.

it was just overall a great fun time. at one point i was even wondering to myself, why on earth did i suddenly go off on the whole partying thing? then i remembered... at the end of it all, though fun, it's just so pointless and unfulfilling.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home