Tuesday, January 11, 2011

i want to have my cake and eat it too

the ungirly hottie has recently met a new guy on her vacation trip a few weeks ago. at that time she was kinda with another guy who was older, more stable, perhaps more boring? but it was this new guy that woke her up. suddenly she realised that she didn't want the old guy anymore. he didn't make her feel alive like the new guy.

the new guy makes her remember what passionate love is. she literally can't stop kissing him. she loves talking silly with him all night and laughing. how he would cook dinner at her place in nothing but an apron, waiting for her to come home. she declares it's true love every single moment being with him.

but he's 3 years younger, doesn't have any career but works odd jobs for money to travel and lives half a world away. they knew right from the start that it was just for fun. there wasn't a future to talk about.

so here's the thing. in all probability, this guy is not the kind to settle down with, that's assuming he can even settle down. it's probably as intense and passionate as it is simply due to the fact that everyone knows it can't last. and yet i can't help feeling a slight pang of jealousy that she found passionate love, a person that makes her feel alive.

i want that. but i also want the stability of someone who loves me and only me. is that too much to ask?

and once again i feel like i'm missing out on something...

6 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Blogger CeCe said...

I think you can have both. I used to not think that, but the guy I'm seeing now is stable. He's a teacher and a musician. And we share a passion that is unbelievable. I never thought I'd find both in one person. But it can happen.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger jo said...

cece: it's good to know that it can happen. and i'm happy for you that that's the case. i still wonder for me though...

 
At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Lifebeginsat30ty said...

I definitely think it can happen! In fact, I know so and know lots of people who have that. If you don't have faith, than who will???

 
At 3:08 AM, Blogger Dater at Large said...

I hope it can happen! Otherwise I've been holding out for... nothing!

 
At 2:22 PM, Anonymous girlslashwoman said...

I think this is one of those situations where a girl is picking between two extremes- the older, stable, boring man and the younger, spontaneous, exciting guy. It's rarely that black and white. Most males are a mixture of both types.

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger D said...

I think you have to focus on why you're with this guy right now. Cause if you don't feel that passion or liveliness then why be with him?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home