Friday, April 01, 2011

this is how the universe must be playing it's little april fool's joke on me

when i was younger i used to have this little april fool's joke that i would play on my best friend. it was the same every year. not so much an actual prank or joke but a pathetic joke between us. every year i would tell her that someone professed his interest in me. we all knew that it couldn't be true. afterall if it didn't happen for 10 years, it's likely to ever happen. and yet, it was our own little joke.

so this morning i was wondering if i should pull the same "joke". maybe i'm too old for this. the joke isn't even valid anymore since both of us have been in a relationship for nearly 2 years... to different people. as i walked into the office thinking maybe i was indeed too old for april fool's jokes anyway, i was at the receiving end of not one but two jokes from the universe.

i checked my online social utility site only to find a personal message from dj guy asking me how i have been. and barely before i got over that shock, i received an IM from my family friend's setup (who i last shared an IM conversation a few months ago but who i last saw 2.5 years ago when we went for an art exhibition together) essentially asking if i wanted to go for that same art exhibition we went to last which comes round every 2 years.

amazing. 2 guys who at one point in my life, i really liked and made it to my heart. but whose heart i ultimately never managed to capture.

yes, the universe has it's own lil way of playing a joke on me.

now i just need the swedish guy to contact me too. third one would definitely be a charm.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger Sophie said...

That is always the bloody way! Men are like buses, when you only want one bus to get where you want to go, then three other's come along and you dont know which one to get on! And they are never there when you want them! Arhhh buses... I mean men!! ; )

Soph x

 
At 4:58 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I second the bus analogy!

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger jo said...

i third the analogy too!

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger flamencokitty said...

AMEN Soph!

I hate it when a fully occupied bus comes by too. Why didn't you come when you were free? I would have gone for a ride with you then. ;)

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe all these years of you playing this April Fools joke has resulted in you putting out enough positive vibes into the universe that the universe is just bringing men your way left and right -- better late than never, right? haha :)

 
At 3:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there! Do you believe in the saying "When it rains, it pours"? I think that's what happened to you. It's literally raining men. :) Love this post! :)

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger jo said...

simplysolo: it would have been great if i were actually still single haha! it's all bout timing.

getagirl: possibly... though i wouldn't go as far as to say it's raining men haha! i need at least a few more cute guys being sent my way for it to be considered :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home