Tuesday, February 01, 2011

oh to be 30, (not so) flirty and thriving

being born in the later half of the year usually means that i get a good part of the year to get used to turning another year older before i actually technically reach that age.

turning 30 last year was fairly "difficult" as i had to come to terms with leaving my 20s and reaching the big 3. however the strangest thing is that now that i'm just bout nearly 30 and a half, i'm actually starting to feel pretty good being in my 30s.

don't get me wrong, there is a definite benefit of youth and the first one that comes to mind is a far less achey body haha! perhaps it's just that possibly a large part of my 20s was spent over analyzing, wondering and doing some crazy things that i would have thought is uncharacteristic of me which ultimately turned out to be tiring, unproductive and pointless. but now, i feel so much more stable, less "flighty" and more career-minded. it's almost as though i'm (eeks!) maturing!

i still have a ways to go though. i'm not nearly where i want to reach in my life but somehow i just feel more focussed, less distracted and less interested to do the crazy song and dance merry-go-round of my 20s. and now i can actually "snigger" at the antics of the young 'uns and think bout how surely i wasn't ever that young right?

yeah i think that it'll be a good decade... or maybe half a decade until i turn 35 and have to mentally cross another barrier and physically tick another age checkbox...

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 2:21 AM, Blogger Lifebeginsat30ty said...

Being 30-something is awesome :)

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger Dater at Large said...

I think 28 is still my favorite year, but I have to say I don't miss my 20s at all. And now that I'm in my 30s, I keep forgetting which 30-something I am. So it's all good!

 
At 2:15 AM, Anonymous Maura said...

I turn 30 this year...I don't feel 30, so I figure what's to worry about (at least that's what I keep telling myself...)

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger D said...

Oh wise one ;)
What are some things you wish you knew when you were 26 that you know now?

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger jo said...

dater at large: i like your selective memory. i shall adopt that :)

maura: i know what you mean. i don't feel 31 (or for that matter 30 when i turned that age) and certainly don't look it. i reckon that since everyone seems to think that i look 26, therefore i should identify with that age and embrace it :P

D: hmm i can't even remember much of 26 haha! i guess i wished that i knew that it's pointless to stay that long in a low paying job despite liking the environment and that dating too much just makes you more jaded, though that took me a couple of years more to find out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home