Wednesday, September 06, 2006

my london heart comes home

i haven't talked to my london guy friend in a while... which really just means probably for the last almost week.

i was supposed to go out tonight but at the last minute my oldest school friend cancelled out on me so i headed home. and perhaps that was the best decision ever 'coz i managed to have a chat with my london guy friend.

london guy friend: you got any plans for this month?
jo: plans for sep? hmm... well my friend's wedding is on 24th
london guy friend: my friend's wedding in on 23rd
jo: so great we just have one day of plans for the whole of sep
london guy friend: hahaha! well i'm hoping to make more
london guy friend: my friend's wedding is in *area where i'm in*
jo: you should come down here
london guy friend: hahaha! i am!
london guy friend: i'll be there on sunday

my london guy friend and i joke around a fair bit, so i treated this as another joke

jo: sweet!
jo: so would it be this sunday that i should expect you?

london guy friend: yup. sunday evening
jo: what time is your flight?
london guy friend: i should be arriving at 1735

then he started getting specific bout his reasons for coming here (to 'babysit' his brother as he settled some stuff). too specific. it was then that i realised that perhaps this wasn't a joke...

jo: hold up sweetheart... are you kidding me???
london guy friend: nope
london guy friend: i'm really coming
jo: oh my god!

i can't believe it! and there he was talking bout it so calmly like it was just a walk in the park while i'm practically hyperventilating. apparently i didn't know that i'd get that excited bout him coming back to visit. my mother comments bout how he's not even my boyfriend and i'm that happy. yeah well, he may not be my boyfriend but he's my friend and of 'coz i'm happy. in fact i'm really really excited. he just bout made my initially crappy day.

so yes, in a mere matter of days my london guy friend is coming to visit. i get to see him just nearly 2 months since my london trip. i really can't wait!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:45 PM, Blogger Dan said...

wish i could IM you and then get quoted. that would be cool.

and as for the fish comment, i was going to right carpe diem but kept looking a "carpe" and thought of carp, the fish, and thought that i would demonstrate my intelligence by knowingly munging the translation, because i am that cool.

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger Frankly, Scarlett said...

So is this a "friend" or just a friend? any romantic interest? my london guy friend is comiing in october....SOOO excited!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home