Friday, November 17, 2006

of being very single

my office has a really flexible dresscode and since i'm really big on casual, this pretty much translates into me living in jeans for the most part.

however lately i've been more bout skirts than i've been previously. jeans/pants are still my true loves but maybe i've just been a bit bored and looked to skirts to shake things up a bit.

as usual people tend to have a reaction whenever they notice a change.

this morning as my boss man walked in to see me sitting 'demurely' at my desk in a skirt, he asked if i had a hot date that night (as did everyone else).

"no... i'm still very single. i'm not attached and i'm not even seeing anyone"

came my instant reply.

my natural response hit me as i was reminded bout how truly very single i am. i guess lately i haven't had the chance to think of that much 'coz i've been preoccupied with so many other things.

in fact i haven't even been looking to meet any new boys lately. and by that i really mean that i haven't been wanting to go to clubs much. not that boys in the club are of that good a quality or even what i want.

my party girl recently got officially attached to a guy she met in the club. incidentally he asked her to stay over at his hotel for their first date (and you know that they weren't exactly playing scrabble all night). since it's a somewhat long distance relationship, things doesn't seem much different and she's still partying all the time. but at the same time it's in the back of my mind and it's weird 'coz since the time i've known her, she's always been single.

then there's my aussie ex jim beam girl whose casual relations lifestyle is getting increasingly frequent. and i see how even though she has a good time at that point, she winds up getting hurt in the end. and i know that's not the road i wanna travel down.

maybe that's the driving reason for my lack of interest in partying of late. i find the casual relations so meaningless. and i also don't want to be in my mid 30s still partying away. not that there's anything wrong. we all have our own paths to walk. but that's just not the road i wanna travel down.

but that said, none of the things i'm preoccupied with lately seems to be helping me to get any less single. but at least those things make me focus on different goals entirely. maybe i'm just hoping that my mr. right will just fall into my lap along the way or something.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Crashdummie said...

Yah, tell abt getting reactions when you start wearing skirts – the guyz actually started whistling when I passed a department. Ok not a biggie, but as written in my blogg, my work place is very VERY stiff and for this to happen.. wow…

Jo, being single is just one part of you – it doesn’t define you. Of course it would have been great to have that special someone in your life to share your life with, to snuggle up against, or letting them wrap their big arms around you when you two are waiting for the buss in the freckin’ cold weather, but you don’t need a man to complete you. Being in a relation is just like life – it has its ups & downs, and you have to compromise a lot.

Never ever settle just cuz you are expected to have a Mr who-ever in your life. Hmmm.. dunno if I’m trying to convince you or me.. hehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home