Sunday, February 11, 2007

it's in the lil things

i love lil quirks. not everyone may think it's special or even all that relevant to find out such things but to me it's such a joy. it's in the lil things. sometimes it takes ages to find out such quirks. sometimes there's just a sense of openness that more can be found out in a shorter span of time.

this weekend was spent almost entirely talking to the youngest one. practically all of yesterday afternoon was spent texting each other. then we were IMing in the early part of the night. later i had to leave to go to a bar manager's birthday party at the bar. the party didn't turn out to be all that fun. and for the most part my party girl and i were just chatting. the youngest one and i were also texting the whole night. i really wanted to head home but my party girl wanted to go to another club to meet up with this guy she met at that club a couple of weeks ago. i didn't really want her to go alone so i went along with her. i met the guy as well as another friend of his who took a shine to me. he gave me his namecard but didn't directly ask for my number and well, i tend not to give my number unless asked. but the guy that my party girl knew got hold of my phone and gave himself and his friend a missed call so they both had my number. well i haven't heard anything from either of 'em but i'm not bothered.

i headed home feeling like it was pretty much a wasted night out. the youngest one and i were still texting all the way (my bill is going to be crazy!) so i decided to call him instead to chat since he's basically nocturnal. we chatted from 3.30am to 6.30am. it was absolutely crazy. i can't imagine that we could talk and laugh so easily for 3 hours! we didn't talk bout any real serious stuff but just bout everything else in between. we could have talked for even longer except that i had to wake up the next day.

my best friend said that perhaps i just don't feel threatened 'coz he's much younger and i could think of him as my younger brother. yeah well unless you're the type to get a lil intrigued by your younger brother's offer to give you a free trial striptease and a makeout session.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Blogger emma5 said...

You need to give this young guy a chance. If you leave a blog entry saying you stopped texting him, and then you drifted apart, blah blah blah, I will be so angry. You need to actively pursue this one! Who cares if he's young? Jo, I am your dating guru from across the sea, so you need to listen to me. :)

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Dizzie said...

Hey, if it works for Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher, whom are you to knock it?

I say: take him out for a test drive! ;D Worst come to worst, you'll end up having a lousy time (doubt that) and never want to see him again (again: doubt that!).

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger Crashdummie said...

Aaaah age is nĂ³thing but a number... but then again I havebeen told that you might as well go for young guys - they never grow up anyway ;)

Just relax Jo and enjoy the ride (no pun intended)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home