Thursday, July 12, 2007

the dating definition

i'll have this on record. i have no idea whatsoever what is the dating definition.

when is a date a date? is it when the guy asks a girl out? when he offers to pay? what happens if it's the girl who asks the guy out? or if they go dutch?

the partially commitment phobic side of me thinks of meeting up with guys as... well... meeting up. maybe that's also the deluded side of me. but sometimes it's just so vague. i mean perhaps he's asking just as friends? i don't necessarily think that every guy who asks me out is romantically interested in me. and maybe he pays 'coz he's just being a man and the amount isn't all that much anyway to burn a hole in his wallet. i've had guy friends who i've met up with who have done that. and i have no reason to ever think it was anything besides purely platonic.

i mean seriously how on earth would i know if it's a date?

besides it's so stressful to think of it as a date date. it's probably just me but i tend to think of someone i'm dating as someone i'm actually having a commited relationship with. everyone else, it's just meeting up...

****

the random guy from my friend's wedding arranged to call me last night. he kept to his word and called just when he said he would. and even more surprising was that we talked for nearly an hour! i have no idea how that happened. he's rather chatty, even more so than i am. then again last night i was too tired out to exactly be my usual chatty self. besides he's new and i didn't quite know what to say. i make friends easily but i'm not exactly an open book and even more so when i meet someone for the first time. but he kept asking loads of questions and somehow time seemed to pass by. honestly the conversation wasn't too bad and he has a nice laugh. he seemed sincere in wanting to ask me out and even tried to point out all the similarities we had with each other. i guess i feel a lil better bout him over the phone and i suppose i just might meet up with him one day when i'm less busy... but in general i'm still not sure bout how i feel bout it all.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger Dizzie said...

I've been on dates that didn't start as dates, dates that didn't end as dates, dates that were dates for a brief moment during the actual date, dates where one or the other didn't fully grasp it was intended as a date...

*sigh*

I'm pretty lost on the date thing too...!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Crashdummie said...

Jo, you have no idea how much I totally love you right now - i know exactly what you mean!

I mean you know the whole Andy issue, and I have had male friends who have paid when we have gone to the movies or out for a coffe/drink.. is that a date?

aaaaah, why does it have to be so darn difficult. uff

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Scotty said...

I try not to think of anything as a date, although that still doesn't work :)

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger jo said...

aww crashy you know i always love ya! :)

i think we all just need a handbook... why isn't there a handbook??

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

I love dates!!!
I am an open book and crave socialization like mad. Dates are an amazingly easy way to connect with another human in the same boat as you- single and looking for love :)
Just go with it. You have nothing to lose.

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

take a look at this [url=http://moourl.com/37lxu]Sexy.[/url]

just some help just visit to get me my next free video

 

Post a Comment

<< Home