Thursday, June 21, 2007

when the cosmics come out to play...

i thought yesterday was gonna be just like any other normal day when i got home tired out from having to go to school after a full day's work.

then i noticed a text that i had missed earlier...

family friend's setup: yo *insert names of a few people that we drank with previously including my family friend* and myself are at *name of particular bar* near *particular location*.. you wanna join us after your class?

gosh did i ever. i could do with a beer... and i don't even usually drink beers.

and i do admit that i was interested to see my family friend's setup again even though it was in a group.

the sweet guy surprised me by volunteering to pick me up from my place. yeah well my place was pretty near the location of the bar but i thought it was nice of him to volunteer anyway 'coz i really didn't think of asking him to at all.

i wasn't at the bar long but it was still a pretty good time.

****

just when i was thinking of him... my friend turned not so platonic friend turned not quite friend anymore... coincidence would have it that i should meet him. we tried to act normal. but in some ways i could tell things weren't really normal.

after seeing him i was left with strange feelings... i've definitely missed him... missed his friendship and advice... so later i dropped him a friendly text... he replied and i replied back.

that was it.

not-so-platonic ex-friend is definitely keeping a distance. that much i can really tell. it makes me sad... i wish i didn't have to lose his friendship...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger Dizzie said...

You can never act normal around people you share a history with.

I can, but apparenty you can't! ;)

I wish my friends were more spontaneous, and we could do a beer every now and then, without all the prior planning, weeks in advance... *sigh*

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Crashdummie said...

The family friend setup sounds really sweet – you should definitely give him a try.

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Scotty said...

Trying to be 'more than a friend', rather than 'just a friend', is definitely a tough line to cross.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home