Wednesday, July 11, 2007

life has a funny way

sometimes life is funny... and i suddenly find myself on the receiving end of more male attention than i have had in years. and by that i mean the seemingly sincere kind...

the french banterer has been regularly contacting me with emails, texts and IMs, wanting to help me get movie tickets and even talked bout making future plans... for september...

poet guy, the one i met via online dating who said that he likes me, has also been IMing and texting me a fair bit. he has set up a email account to share some music files with me. bought me a gift during his recent business trip. volunteered to pick me up from work when i just happened to mention that i had a leg cramp even though his office is half a world away. he also expressed interest in wanting to celebrate my birthday next month. all this and we haven't even met yet! but besides some moments where i feel is a lil overwhelming, i'm actually starting to feel pretty comfy with him.

there's also some other guys that i've been talking to pretty regularly and getting along well with.

and then there's the random guy from my friend's wedding... since we met (and yes, made out), he's been texting me every day. he hasn't exactly asked me out constantly but is definitely checking in with me on a pretty regular basis and tells me that he finds me intriguing. it must be 'coz even though i do reply to his texts and ask some polite questions, i'm not particularly engaging. he's asked if he could call me tonight and i agreed. i reckon that should be okay right? i'm still not sure what to do bout this situation with him so i'm not gonna think bout it too much.

and after last night i've decided not to think too much bout my family friend's setup either.

we went to have dinner and watch a movie. i had an excellent time as usual. we can really get along and conversation just flows naturally. but in case anyone (including myself) gets too excited... it wasn't exactly a date. i mean we went dutch and that's usually a surefire sign that it's not a date right? and even though i'm pretty certain he likes my company, i'm not sure if he likes likes me. and 'coz i think i could actually like him, it is in my own self preservation interest that i really should close off my heart.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

Dutch dates are STILL dates. I'd say you were dating!

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Dizzie said...

That's it, next lifetime, I'm coming back as you! :D

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Scotty said...

It was a date, but you can be in denial :)

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

I had the whole "what is a date" debate with someone recently. The conclusion I've come to is that I have no effing clue. None. Except that when two people who are interested in each other go out together... it's a date. USUALLY.

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger jo said...

hahaha! i wish someone could tell me what is the dating definition 'coz i have no idea either. and how would you even know that it's two people who are interested in each other? maybe it's just a one-sided thing? maybe it's just a friends thing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home