Monday, July 21, 2008

another wave of online dating

an update on the non discerning approach to online dating "experiment" aka wink like i've never winked before...

of all my winks, i've heard some form of replies from 3 of 'em. add that to the one guy who emailed me a month ago and who i finally replied to, that's 4 guys that i'm sorta contacting. well okay the truth is i've only actually been chatting "regularly" with one guy. i've exchanged some emails with the others but i realised that i'm not very good at talking bout myself via emails. i'm probably failing to impress. i promise that i'm far more engaging on IM or in person.

anyhow it's sad that out of all of 'em, i still fail to find that natural effortless rapport that i had with the ad-man since the very first time we chatted on IM. i'm already getting bored with this online thing. but i keep pressing on. every online dating "manual" will tell you that you need to start up another wave of winks soon after the prior wave. and so that was what i did.

i started up another bout of winking. but this time winking at far less guys. i'm seriously running out of potential here. even when i'm being non discerning.

once again i saw that the ad-man had logged on recently. i'm thinking to myself "dude what is wrong with you? can't you see that i'm awesome and you should stop looking??" yeah well but he's not. and to make matters worse we've been increasingly more disconnected despite short bursts of connection when we talk... but the problem is we haven't been IMing. i try and be proactive and initiate a conversation but he doesn't always respond. and frankly i'm getting tired of being the one to make the "first move".

this sucks. i mean seriously, this sucks. go figure i had to find that one guy who i actually thought had the best potential ever and nothing is happening. i can't help wondering why the heck is it always so hard for me? i see things work out so easily for my friends and can't help wondering don't i deserve that? but sometimes i just feel like it's a conspiracy theory to just make things difficult for me.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger Crashdummie said...

"sometimes i just feel like it's a conspiracy theory to just make things difficult for me."

I simply loved this, cuz sometimes I have the same feeling - that the forces of nature is working against me rather than for me.

Cut the sistah some slack every now and then will ya

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger SaneAndSingle said...

So tell me why you and the ad-man never talk on the phone or anything?

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I agree some words, but I still thnk it is ok if you go to some trusted dating sites, like -gothicmingle do t co m.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger jo said...

saneandsingle: that is a VERY good question... of which i don't have a very good answer. i guess i don't really talk on the phone all that much to begin with. with texting and IM, you can do something else at the same time. must be the multi-tasker in me haha! but that said, if the ad-man called me just to chat, i would be more than happy to. but he hasn't. and i think it's weird for me to call him just to chat if he hasn't done the same. so i guess the answer to your question could be 'coz he isn't interested in me enough to talk to me on the phone...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home