Monday, December 29, 2008

and then there are those days...

one of my good friends from uni got married on saturday. and me and another one of our close friends from uni were part of the bridal party. it was an all day affair and super tiring but pretty fun.

it was also nice to catch up with a few other uni friends who were invited to the wedding. some of 'em i hadn't seen since graduation over 4 years ago. others i've seen bout 2 years ago.

there are days when i relish the fun and freedom that singlehood brings... and then there are those days when i'm in a mild state of "panic" and think that there must be something wrong with me when i realise that everyone in my class is bout to be married or married and procreating and that even the undeniably least attractive and weirdest guy in the class is "seeing someone".

i do believe that my close friend from uni and i are the only ones left in the class that are still single and unattached. and even then, i consider myself worse off 'coz my close friend from uni was close to marrying her ex boyfriend before they broke up bout 6 months ago.

i definitely needed a drink... or two... or more...

after the wedding was over, my close friend from uni and i decided to head out to party a lil since we were in the vicinity. i don't really mind partying with her though admittedly it's strange since she doesn't really party as in the dancing queen type. which kinda usually makes me more self conscious 'coz i'm used to a certain way of partying that usually includes plenty of dancing. and i guess when i'm partying with her, i'm not in my full party sparkle mode.

or maybe i've just lost my mojo in general. at least it certainly seems like it.

but we did have a few guys come up to chat with us. and on the whole it was pretty fun...

there are days when i think i'm ready to "date" again... and then there are those days when i hear a song in the club like snow patrol's chasing cars which reminds me of drummer boy and how he liked the lyrics that went "would you lie with me and just forget the world" that causes me to ache and makes me wonder if i really am truly ready to move on.

i really wished i didn't have those days. i wish for those days when i'm happy, carefree and unjaded. where time is on my side and i'm a lil less closer to "thirty, flirty and thriving" or if so, at least a lil closer to the flirty and thriving part.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Blogger test said...

I read through your blog this weekend, and I could so relate because it sounded like my past life.
What i realize is that you have to be what you are looking for...

where are you based? I can't for the life of me figure out what country you're in. It sounds incredibly diverse, leading me to rule out the US and UK.

Great blog!

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger SaneAndSingle said...

I've wondered where you are too, jo!
I'm glad you had some fun, even though it was a wedding day! Ugh...I hate weddings. As much as I'd like to be married one day, I really don't want the wedding part. That's my not-so-girly side talking!

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger jo said...

test: wow you read through my entire blog over the weekend?? thanks for willing to spend that much time reading.

saneandsingle: i don't really mind weddings. i mean there's that sweet aww element bout 'em. but it's also accompanied by this "why not me?" feeling. but i'm definitely not bout those huge weddings where you're not even close to half the people who turn up.

and for those who have been wondering where i'm based... well yeah my place is pretty diverse. could be the US or UK or not. that's all i'd say at this point. it's just a bit of a "secret" i'm keeping at the moment i suppose :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home