Thursday, April 23, 2009

okay this is definitely gonna take some getting used to

when the alpha game player and i arranged to meet up to watch a movie, who would have thought we would end up like that?

i suppose i should have seen the signs. for a guy who doesn't believe in any physical contact at all with any girl who isn't his girlfriend, he was sure a lil physical with me. there was the casual brief arm around the shoulder. and then the brief reaching for my hand during an exciting shoot-out scene in the movie. and the casual squeezing of my shoulder when i shifted my sitting position during the movie. and of 'coz the general space invader behavior throughout the movie.

but still who would have thought? and frankly i doubt that he himself planned it either. afterall who could have planned the heavy downpour that led us to take shelter for a while.

there we were sitting on the bench chatting when he suddenly asked.

alpha game player: do you want to be my girlfriend?

or something along that lines. it's possible that i just bout panicked. sure it was always something that we both kinda knew that we would probably get there eventually. but now? right now??

i unromantically asked if he was serious bout his question. we joked around a bit but yeah he was. and after a beat, i took the plunge.

jo: okay

and then we "sealed the deal" with a rather nice makeout session. for someone who has been outta practice for 7 years (and i thought that my 3 months of not making out was a long time), he's still got the moves.

so yes, this technically makes me attached to one alpha boy, the "top dog".

please understand my panic. this is my very first proper relationship. whatever that means. but the point is that i've never actually ever agreed before to any other guy's request for me to be his girlfriend in the past. i have no idea how to act or what to do and frankly i'm nervous as heck.

the alpha boy admitted as well that he was kinda nervous and not used to being in a relationship either. afterall his last relationship was a 6-month one 7 years ago. but all his friends (some of whom have actually met me and given me glowing commendations) kept asking what he was waiting for and he himself wondered as well how long could this be dragged out when he knew that he really liked me.

but it's a relationship. that's scary. and i seriously have no clue. being single? that i'm down with. but being attached? that's a whole new territory.

so far i've only told my best friend. i'm not sure how i'm gonna tell my other friends though i imagine that the topic will come up very soon enough. as for the parentals? i'm very unsure as to how to mention it. it's even scarier 'coz he's actually been seeking my dad's help with some work stuff...

i have no idea how this lil blog space will go from here. it will go on... somehow. i'm sure there must be plenty of scary things and random things that i have to share for my own sanity. man, this is definitely going to be some big adjustment. and more so 'coz for so long i've been used to going out with whichever guy i wanted to, but now... seriously how does that work again??

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger Please Don't Eat With Your Mouth Open said...

Woaaaah there - stop overthinking, stop analysing, you don't have to tell anyone unless they ask (in fact, I'd give it a while to get into the swing of things and make sure everything's on track). And just enjoy it. There's no blueprint for a relationship...

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

This is good. Very good. You had to do it eventually and this guy must be fantastic! Yay for you.

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Scotty said...

do you want to be my girlfriend?That made me laugh :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home