Tuesday, March 24, 2009

today is the first day of the rest of my life...

... or maybe just for the next 30 days.

yesterday i was just browsing through amazon's website looking for interesting books to read when i suddenly chanced upon this book called "become your own matchmaker: 8 easy steps for attracting your perfect mate".

after reading the excerpt i think i've decided to embark on a dating detox for 30 days. i thought bout when exactly to start. afterall i'm leaving tomorrow for a short beach holiday with my new party BFF, ms cool cat and 3 other girlfriends i got to know through 'em. and you know how these beach holidays go... when there are 6 single girls and plenty of partying and alcohol... i wasn't entirely sure if i could detox under those circumstances 'coz those circumstances just looked like ingredients for a random makeout receipe.

but that said, it's a holiday with the girls. it's a getaway, spending time with friends, doing something that will make me happy. if that's not bout me (as opposed to bout guys), then i don't know what is.

hence it will start today. the dating detox. and it will end on 22nd april.

and here are my own rules:
  1. it will be bout me and finding myself
  2. i will do things that makes me happy
  3. i will try new things
  4. i will spend more time developing better friendships
  5. i will change my attitude bout guys
  6. i will stop dwelling on the past failed "relationships"
  7. i will not be bitter
  8. i will be hopeful
  9. i will be careful when it comes to guys who have already made it to my heart
  10. i'm allowed to party with my friends and i'm even allowed to talk to guys i meet in the clubs and exchange numbers but i'm not allowed to have random makeouts
  11. i will not ask a guy out but i'm allowed to respond to messages
  12. if a guy i'm interested in going out with asks me out, i will tell him that i'm on a dating sabbatical and take reservations for when i'm detoxed
  13. i will not worry that i will lose a good guy 'coz i happen to be taking 30 days off from dating
  14. i will know that a good guy will wait for me if he thinks i'm worth it
  15. i will remind myself that i'm worth it

and when i disembark from my dating detox, i'm hoping to come out more confident and upbeat and ready to face the dating world again with hope.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh i really like this idea :) are you doing it with the book or was this just your own idea? i may have to join you on this one!

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger jo said...

caterpilla85: i'm just going on this on my own. i'm really hoping that i can keep to this haha! and i'm still trying to figure out the grey area if a guy friend asks you out but you're not sure if maybe he's interested or maybe you're interested.
but yeah do join me in on this. maybe we can both help each other to keep to it.

 
At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a great idea hun... i am going to write about it today & get started!

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger iek-ioh said...

greeting from germany, my friend and me read your post and we were suprise how close we're in facing all the guys stuff....even though we're so far away in distance...it is just unbelieveable~

we're also having a kind of "dating detox" right now, but we haven't define the end date. our moto is "life your life, be happy!"

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger jo said...

iek-ioh: wow germany... that's a long way! and thanks for stopping by. yeah i've come to realise that it seems like it doesn't really matter which part of the world you're from, guy problems seem to be universal haha! and your motto is awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home