Wednesday, January 13, 2010

the one i like to think got away probably 'coz he was away

after my previous post, i was advised by dater at large to be prepared for the "potential feelings that might come creeping in". at that time i was perhaps a lil naive enough to believe that it wouldn't happen. afterall i hadn't seen or contaced texas curly in years. and he lived so far away from me that it just didn't seem possible that logically i would even think anything more than a long distance friendship was possible.

but i suppose i underestimated the effect he used to have on me and the true potential i used to think he had such that time and distance never quite helped me forget entirely. afterall i've always thought that if he and i were in the same place long enough, we would definitely get along well and at least be rather close friends.

so i emailed him on monday and then amazingly just bout forgot bout it entirely as i didn't give it a second thought. i only checked my email 2 days later and was surprised by a prompt response from him.

that was when i felt the first tinge of feeling. i read on...

sounds like he's doing well... and he got married in april of 2008.

that's when i came back down.

even though i've never actually thought of him in a long while, when i do, i always think of him very fondly. and even though i never actually thought that anything would happen, i'm almost a lil wistful that nothing ever did. but i've always wanted to keep in touch with him anyway...

so of 'coz i replied to him.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Blogger Kate said...

I think it is hard when exes have meant a lot to you. I still care for most of mine - after such intense feelings it is pretty difficult to turn it off you know?

Kate xx
http://secretofficeconfessions.blogspot.com

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger jo said...

kate: except that he wasn't even an ex. we didn't even date. we just hung out, had good chemistry and got along well.

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Dater at Large said...

I always like to remember my exes fondly (I'm quite fond of that word, now that I think about it), especially when I have good chemistry or conversation with them.

I'm glad the emailing brought back fond memories, and maybe an online friendship!

 
At 10:39 PM, Anonymous All Women Stalker said...

Bittersweet. I have fond memories of exes, too. But tomorrow is another day and perhaps you will have less "achy" feelings about all this :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home