Tuesday, January 25, 2011

this is something i know very well

it was some time in june when my best friend's sister broke up with her boyfriend of 4 years. a month over later she moved away for school. and by september found herself a new boyfriend after a random makeout in the club.

recently, she broke up with this new boyfriend of around 4 months. that very night itself saw her engaging in another random makeout with a new guy who she is now interested in.

she admitted that the new ex boyfriend was the sweetest nicest person around (as evident from some of the nice things i heard him do which included cooking dinner and then driving over to her friend's house to bring the food to her and her friend while they were working late on an assignment), but she found him boring and claimed that they lacked that "spark". while she was physically attracted enough to want to kiss him, that was all she wanted to do. however with this new guy, she can't get her hands off him.

i've seen pictures of both guys. and frankly, the new guy is cuter. not that the new ex boyfriend wasn't cute in his own right. but the new guy was definitely cuter. but he also seemed like that typical cute guy who was out for a fun time.

she lamented that after that first night of making out he didn't contact her. to be honest i'm not even sure if he asked for her number to begin with or she voluntarily hinted (as she sometimes would) that he should ask her. after not hearing from him for a week, she decided to drop him a text. they then went out partying in a group where more making out ensued once again. this time she tipsy-ly telling him that if he wanted to go out with her, he had to contact her. a few days had passed when she told me this and he still didn't contact her.

she admitted that she wasn't used to this. usually the guy would contact her and things would just work out. but to be fair, even though she's dated plenty and partied before, this is the first time she's truly out there in the clubbing scene as a single girl. a scene and situation i know very well. and there's plenty more where that came from.

6 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger s.212 said...

I'm always amazed by girls who can find boyfriends in clubs! I don't think I have ever met one decent guy from a club, a bar sometimes but it's still rare for me since I seem to attract the douchebags and weird creeps..

By the way, you asked if I have a blog on itsmanderz and I just started one! :) It only has one boring post on it right now but I'm planning to update it regularly from now on!

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Lifebeginsat30ty said...

Sounds like she dumped the nice guy for the more attractive creep. Oh how I know this story so well! If the spark isn't there, it isn't there, but maybe she should consider finding a guy that she didn't meet in a club? That's where I would go too if I just wanted to make out with someone and never see them again, he.

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I am also amazed that she can find boyfriends in a club. Unbelievable.

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger jo said...

s.212: oh i'm glad that you've got a blog. gonna be checking that out :)

for everyone who is amazed that one can find boyfriends in a club, i must say that i agree as well. that said, i have known a fair amount of friends who have indeed done just that and one even married him! i myself did meet the swedish guy in a club and i happen to think he's a pretty nice and decent guy. so maybe it does happen... sometimes albeit rarely.

 
At 2:42 AM, Blogger Toni said...

As someone who, if not a shoe-in, definitely qualifies for the worst boyfriend ever. I can say its all about the spark. This relationship game is rigged in women's favour. Yet every girl, no matter how attractive, intelligent or successful will go for the spark that makes their heart beat faster.

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous G/W said...

God, I feel bad for her but at the same time, I'm a little pleased (and I feel shitty for it) because there's so many girls (friends of mine) who run around with all these guys who are in love with them- and leave me standing there alone. They can't comprehend the fact that someone wouldn't want to be with them. It frustrates me because it's true. So I get that twinge of satisfaction when it's proved wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home