Thursday, March 15, 2007

sniff this

for the most part i usually forget to wear perfume. my morning getting ready routine is already so packed that somehow spritzing some perfume always manages to escape my mind. but i've learnt to realise that ironically i have a rather keen sense of smell.

perfumes just have this ability to invoke pictures in my mind... people i've learnt to associate with those perfumes.

when i was 11 years old, i had this math teacher who i absolutely liked. she always wore her signature perfume. i never knew what it was but it something a tad sweet that i'm sure isn't being manufactured anymore. for years later, everytime i sniffed out this scent on a random person, i was always being reminded of a patient sweet teacher who i liked.

when i was younger my dad used to wear christian dior's fahrenheit and i remembered that before he went away on a business trip, he would give me a hug goodbye and his perfume that lingered gave me some kind of comfort. even till today, despite my dad no longer using this perfume, sniffing it out always brings out warm fuzzy feelings of my dad's love.

then in my first 'real' job as an intern of some sorts, there was a male colleague who would instantly get my attention whenever he walked past me (even behind me!) simply 'coz of his manly perfume. his wife worked in the same office and i was relatively close to her so i asked her for the name. it was hugo boss though i never could pick out the scent at the counter. somehow they just smelled different. but whenever i sniffed it out on someone, i would be reminded of my male colleague confidently striding in a manly way, leaving a manly scent in his wake.

recently it's been the youngest one's armani code perfume that my nose has been tuned to. when i first met him, i was immediately attracted to the scent. it was only the second time we met that i mentioned that i liked his perfume and asked for it's name. and now lately all i seem to be sniffing around me are random people wearing that perfume. and it drives me crazy 'coz i keep getting reminded of the youngest one. it just causes some kind of reaction in me. sniffing it makes me feel chemistry and an almost unsatisfied longing... indeed it's as the tagline said... the ultimate code for seduction.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Dizzie said...

God, the stories I could tell you about perfume... or, actually, colgone... ;)

Ask Crashy about her Van Gils story while you're at it!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Crashdummie said...

Amen to that sistah - Scent is the best aphrodisiac as I wrote in my blog today. hahaha

harts kinda referring to the incident when i was in London and asked the snotty girl working behind the counter if she had Van Gils "Between Sheets" not realising that perfume wasn't known there... ehum, kinda got emberassing... but I've already told you that before right?

Cheers!

 
At 1:53 AM, Blogger Crashdummie said...

Done - wrote a new post jst abt this topic. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home