Thursday, May 31, 2007

one day

many things can happen in one day...

a few years ago i ventured very gingerly into the world of online dating. i put up my profile in a few sites but never dared to add in a picture.

fast forward to now.

recently my best friend attempted online dating and urged me to give it a go. in part it was to 'keep her company' and in another part it was to find out what all the hype was bout.

yesterday my profile was up and running. i even bravely added in a picture.

the responses so far have been rather overwhelming. i've had loads of winks, a number of emails and IM adds. i've winked at a few guys that seemed interesting, answered a number of emails, chatted with some guys and even blocked one guy. one guy i chatted with told me that he likes me and wants to chase me. another guy within 1 minute of our chat (and the chat must have only lasted 2 minutes) gave me his number and asked if i wanted to go out for a drink tonight.

all this in one day.

but also in this one day, i've been sorta paranoid. i wonder if one day while happily walking down the street, someone is going to recognise me from my profile picture.

maybe i'm not cut out for online dating?

that said, i have cut off some other past guys. i audited the aussie podiatrist and scottish cat man outta my phone book. scottish cat man 'coz he failed to respond to a few of my friendly text messages. the aussie podiatrist for contacting my party girl asking bout her plans instead of calling me like he initially said. i decided that i'm just not gonna bother.

and instead i'm starting on something new... at least to me it is... the world of online dating.

i wonder how long i'll last... i already have this urge to take my profile down...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey. love the blog. i linked to you today. email me! alyssaSheL@aol.com. my blog is: www.glamour.com/alyssa

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger di.di said...

Millions of singles have done it, and millions will continue to do it. Just give it a try....

Good luck, and most of all enjoy yourself.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Crashdummie said...

hey I've still not set your pic... share share share ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home