Monday, May 14, 2007

trying to keep unaffected...

it's been kinda a crazy time lately. what with exams and a stressful and fast paced new job. i guess i kinda went a lil crazy this weekend...

friday night i was just chilling out in the cozy hole-in-the-wall bar with my party girl and the yummy mommy. the bartender aka dj guy and i were joking around a lil as usual. the yummy mommy and the female bartender actually asked me if i liked him. i found out that he's single again. we've always had some kind of chemistry and sometimes it feels like something could go on but maybe it won't ever will. that said, at times i feel like i should just straight up tell him to kiss me already so i don't have to keep wondering what it might be like.

that night i ran into scottish cat man. now that's one guy that i haven't seen in absolutely ages. in fact i was so shocked to see him. but we reconnected again and after turning down his impromptu offer to go over to his place on saturday night, i met up with him for a quick cuppa on sunday night. we're supposed to meet up for dinner some time this week. will see how that goes. but so far he's been texting me everyday since friday.

on saturday night, my party girl, the yummy mommy and i met up with a few other friends to play pool and have a drink. feeling annoyed that the youngest one didn't reply to my text, i decided to text the aussie podiatrist. we wound up joining him and his friends in another club. that's where things got a lil strange and confusing...

my party girl and the aussie podiatrist got along really well. maybe too well... i'm not sure how i feel bout it. in between their conversation, he and i managed to have a bit of a play fight which left me with a bruise on my wrist. that turned into a kissing session. he's not a bad kisser but he's not the best either. but it was fun that he's a playful kisser. though it's hard not to, i keep telling myself that i can't afford to think that this means anything. afterall he didn't contact me again. and after i left he went with my party girl to another bar so i'm not sure what happened there. it's not that i necessarily mind my friends getting along with a guy i like but if i'm honest i admit that it was a lil weird for me that my party girl and the aussie podiatrist got along that well. i don't know...

i think maybe the whole prick04 and my oldest school friend drama kinda affected me more than i realised. or at least i'm less over it then i thought i was. but i suppose at least this time i'm more open in saying something. so even though i was tempted to just pretend everything was okay, i didn't. and kinda brought up the subject to my party girl rather hesitantly. i didn't say much. just outlined why sometimes i feel weird. i'm not sure what will happen but this much i know... i'm getting scared 'coz i think i'm liking the aussie podiatrist too much...

and the youngest one never did reply to me. i should have let it go, be done with it. but 'coz today is his 21st birthday i decided to IM him. apparently he was drunk by the time i texted on saturday and spent the whole weekend hungover. well i told myself i'm done here. i probably am.

thankfully one of the funniest things was when shy colleague and i went to watch a movie. when we were buying the tickets, the lady at the ticket counter asked if we wanted a couple seat. there was a beat of silence as we were both stunned for a moment then i couldn't quite stop giggling.

and of 'coz there was this whole banana cake incident with someone...

i saw him while he was selling some stuff for a fund raising event. he was promoting his mom's banana cake. of 'coz i had to buy some. and they were yummy. so i texted him joking that he should learn to bake. he then suggested that i go learn from his mom. of 'coz i was like yeah. i mean like duh right? he said that he'll see if he could get a few other interested people. i didn't dare say that i would even go alone. anyhow i'm not holding my breath. at least i'm trying not to.

this is hard. suddenly everything in my life seems so hard...

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:19 AM, Blogger MPA said...

Phew! I'm exhausted just reading what you've been up to... And so many boys!

While I fully realize things are never this simple, seems to me that a guy who kisses you and then goes off with your friend in the same night maybe isn't worth your trouble. Then again, we never like the good ones, do we?

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Crashdummie said...

.. opr you could just simply walk upto him and give him a big kiss. If things doesn’t work out, you can always blame it on the booze and joke with him asking what he had put in your drink. Sneaky huh? ;)

Omg Jo, it sounds like you’re going through the ketchup effect – first nothing, than *splat* everything at once. Too many guyz for lil’ me to keep up with… who’s the Scottish can man? (why do I keep on reading it as scatman?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home