Monday, August 06, 2007

so what's new?

i'd be lying if i said that i wasn't the least bit excited at the prospect of going to cozy hole-in-the-wall bar and seeing the bartender aka dj guy again. afterall that's my party girl and my usual hangout on a friday.

but come friday night, things took a bit of a turn...

my party girl dragged me to a johnnie walker event. though dragged would probably be too strong a word... afterall i always like me some johnnie... especially when it's free. i guess the only 'problem' was that the event was held at a club which i don't really like. and really, i wanted to see dj guy.

the event turned out to be kinda boring... thank goodness for free whisky though. and soon my party girl and i headed over to cozy hole-in-the-wall bar for some quality chill out time. nothing spectacularly exciting happened with dj guy and me. though my party girl did comment that he always seemed to have a soft spot for me. and i guess strangely enough, i too have always had a soft spot for him. i suppose it is quite obvious to see the chemistry dj guy and i have. even though we're all friendly to everyone in the sense that we'll be all huggy veggy with other people. but yet, there's still that something different when he's hugging me or when he playfully scratches my back when he walks past or when he comes round from behind and gives me a one handed hug.

before i left, he gave me a lingering hug and then a kiss on the lips and commented how it's been a week. i cheekily asked if he had been counting the days and he sheepishly sorta admitted. he then said he'll call me on saturday. we even pinky-sweared on it.

he didn't.

oh well what's new right?

****

i'm thinking that perhaps i'm gonna give up 'trying' with my family friend's setup. while he did seem to be stepping it up a lil, it's not exactly a big enough step for me to be like 'yes, he's definitely interested'. and for some other reasons, even if we did get together, it could get complicated...

nevermind that sometimes i claim that i'm looking for a complication.

and again what's new?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger Crashdummie said...

why be difficult when you can be impossible huh?

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Dizzie said...

Well, you did get an award, so now rush, go claim it!!!! News, eh??? :)

Oh, and I'd so drink you under the table! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home