Monday, November 19, 2007

weekend endings

maybe i'm paying "penance" as a friend put it... but on friday i didn't party at all.

okay so i did contemplate going down to cozy hole-in-the-wall bar after school. but my party girl who was already there was heading back home. and the yummy mommy would only arrive later. and i didn't feel like sitting there alone when most of the regulars weren't there... and neither was dj guy.

my party girl informed me that dj guy quit. and no it had nothing to do with me or that incident. the bar still owed him money and my guess is that he probably just got annoyed at constantly having to work his butt off managing everything alone and not getting paid on time. i don't blame him. but that said, i also know money is an issue with him, so i texted asking what happened and if he's okay.

he never replied. honestly i didn't even expect him to. that might actually be too much for him... to actually reply.

anyhow with him no longer working in cozy hole-in-the-wall bar, i don't know when i'll ever see him again. in fact cozy hole-in-the-wall bar might be closing by the end of the year so i don't even know where i'll hang out or if i'll ever hang out like that again.

maybe in a way it's good. to just end it like that. but another part of me already misses him...

****
on saturday i met up with my family friend's setup. we were supposed to have dinner and then watch a movie. in the end a friend of his invited himself along with us for dinner. didn't really matter to me too much... though i did hope that my family friend's setup and i could have had more time on our own to catch up. it's been so so long since we last met up.

but all in all it was fun. his friend was pretty nice and dinner conversation flowed pretty easily. the movie was good as well. we were near his house and the movie ended relatively late so he offered to go home and take his van and send me home.

so yes i still do like him. which sucks 'coz nothing is happening and we're still going dutch and more likely than not we are probably just platonic friends. but yeah i do like him and still think he has some potential.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Blogger Scotty said...

Dude, Family Friend needs to have some sense knocked into him!

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger jo said...

amen! and one of my good friends wants to knock some sense into dj guy too haha! anyone else wants to help this girl out? :P

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger Miss Pickle said...

I'm there if ya need my help! WTF is up with these guys? They never can see a good thing when it's right in front of them, can they?!?

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger Miss Pickle said...

I'm there if ya need my help! WTF is up with these guys? They never can see a good thing when it's right in front of them, can they?!?

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger Miss Pickle said...

I'm there if ya need my help! WTF is up with these guys? They never can see a good thing when it's right in front of them, can they?!?

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger jo said...

thanks miss pickle... i can tell you were *really* eager to help haha! appreciate it!

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Miss Pickle said...

LOL. WTF is up with triple comments?

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

I have found that getting REALLY wasted with a possible platonic friend will usually be a good measure of the possibility of your friendship moving into sexland.

You know, cuz if he spills wine on his nice shirt, it just makes sense to lick it off... leading to him purposely "spilling" a little on his neck and then finally grabbing you for a drunken kiss.
N
ot that this has happened to me... But, you know, my "friend" told me something like this happened once...

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger jo said...

the ambiguous blob: haha! i love that story your "friend" told you... i have to admit that i have entertained the idea of drinking with my family friend's setup in the hopes that when i'm more fuelled with liquid courage perhaps something might happen. but i don't think that it will 'coz first of all, we've only gone drinking together in a group. secondly he drives and hence tends not to drink all that much. thirdly i really do like him and do i really want him to think i'm the type of girl who gets tipsy and starts making out with guys? (nevermind whether that's true or not haha!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home