Sunday, October 28, 2007

such is life...

on thursday i met up with chatty triathlete. 'coz of our busy schedules, we could only meet up for a relatively short dinner. but in a way i was glad. i'm beginning to find it stressful that he keeps contacting me or wanting to chat. and i'm trying to find a way to slowly distance myself while not telling him outright. yes, i know i'm a wuss like that. but i'm just not good with this kinda stuff. i like him as a friend. but i really don't think we would be anything more. i find his personality kinda flat. and besides triathlons, we kinda don't really have all that much in common.

so i guess it was kinda evil of me to pretend that i was gonna be busy and home late tonight when he texted if he could call me up for a chat... then again it didn't really stop him from asking me to join him 2 saturdays from now to a sports sale...

friday night it was the usual with my party girl and the yummy mommy in cozy hole-in-the-wall bar. it started out a lil strange 'coz the bartender aka dj guy was more sullen and unfriendly than usual. i didn't even get a hello hug and cheek-kiss. turns out he was just recovering from a bout of flu... and having to work despite it... later he got friendlier and we managed to have a bit of a chat. he even put his arm around me, kissed me on the lips a few times and said that he missed me.

when i left, i didn't get the proper kiss that i've almost become accustomed to. and no way was i gonna miss out on it again like i did last friday. so once again i decided to throw caution to the wind and called him.

jo: get outta there
dj guy: okay

for some reason i'm uncharacteristically bold when it comes to him. or maybe that's what happens when i've been almost consistently making out with him weekly for bout a month.

he met me outside the bar and we made out a lil. this time it was rather sweet. but he had to go back 'coz he was halfway making a drink.

it's just weird. i mean he hasn't even asked me out proper. but despite that, he's somewhat willing to show me a lil more affection than he does with other girls. i mean he does the huggy cheek-kiss with other girls. and it doesn't bother me since i do the same with other guys. but i've never seen him voluntarily just put his arm around another girl before. not that it matters right? 'coz it's not like he's asking me out proper.

such is life right? the person you're not too interested in comes on pretty strong. while the one who you want to do something, doesn't.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home