Saturday, February 09, 2008

the bbq

the bbq went really well.

it was just the kind of chill-out time that i needed. i mean i love the crazy partying as much as the next (party) girl. but sometimes nothing beats a nice relaxing time.

the mind-reader was true to his word. he had promised to bbq for me, keep me fed and provide the full service and did all of that. nevermind that he couldn't actually bbq. but even though my party girl, the yummy mommy and i arrived late, he stood there helping another guy to bbq specially for us. he was the perfect host. only he wasn't actually the host. but i thought it was sweet anyhow that he felt that since he invited us, he took it upon himself to make sure we had a good time.

besides the food and alcohol (of which i didn't take much 'coz i was still feeling a lil hungover from the night before), the conversations were good. mostly it was just my party girl, the yummy mommy and i chatting together. but every now and then we would also be chatting with the mind-reader or a few other guys.

the mind-reader is definitely intriguing. here is a bad boy type who is broke, still struggling with his education and has somehow managed to "screw up" his life to a point of currently awaiting a drug charge. and yet he is also someone who is an old soul, intelligient, does not want to hurt others,seems to have learnt from the school of hard knocks and possesses a freaky ability to read people with uncanny accuracy.

i felt vulnerable. he read me like an open book. and i'm definitely one to hide my feelings and what i'm thinking. of 'coz he totally read that.

he was also very upfront. while we lay side by side in deck chairs, he told me numerous times that he had found me attractive... even from the first time we met. the time years ago that i barely remember. where we got introduced by another friend. and he admitted that he is seldom able to just talk so easily with someone from the first meeting like he did with me. in fact one of his friends noticed it on thursday night and asked him what we were talking bout 'coz we seemed to just get along so well. he said he didn't know. i find that usually the best conversations are bout stuff that later you don't even know what you actually talked bout.

but he did seem embarrassed when he confessed that he wanted to makeout with me. and then said in a soft almost sheepish voice that we could go to the handicapped toilet.

i've made out with random guys before. but never has it ever been that planned. and never has there been so much talking in between the making out. the kissing was okay. not exactly the kind of raw physical chemistry that i've missed. but i think it's enough for me for the moment.

he texted asking to see me today. but we have yet to confirm anything. i think in some strange warped way, we just feel comfy with each other...

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger Crashdummie said...

"i felt vulnerable. he read me like an open book. and i'm definitely one to hide my feelings and what i'm thinking."

I cant stop being amazed over how alike we are. Even though I am vrey social and lov eto talk and make friends easily, I always keep a distance, never really letting ppl get close to me.

That is what a friend of mine told me, when we we're out. He looke dstraight in my eyes and said, tell me, how can someone as confident, happy and outgoing have such sad eyes? You just get a glimpse of it, and if you're not observant, it will past wuickly and be yet replaced with a smile...

ouch...

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger jo said...

crashy: wow! isn't it just simply unnerving when someone reads you just like that? sometimes you don't know whether you want to cry or you want to run away 'coz finally someone saw right through the happy face and into your soul just like that.

yeah i always thought that we are so alike. i'm generally happy and bubbly and social. and i do still think that's my core personality. but underneath it all lies a certain sadness.

and the mind-reader read all that in an instance. told me things that happened in my life that no one could possibly know unless i told 'em. from my background and family to friends to past hurts and scars. seriously the dude is like practically psychic.

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger Scotty said...

This mind reader guy sounds pretty crazy... reading you and all :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home