Monday, February 11, 2008

an epic love

for years i managed to escape watching the notebook. sure i've heard loads bout it but somehow sappy romantic movies never really did it for me.

then came one quiet saturday night when i found myself watching it alone.

the first 45 mins into the movie and already i was tearing and my heart was feeling so much that it literally pounded in my chest in pain. by the end of the movie, i was crying like a freaking idiot.

perhaps it was hopes of finding that kind of love that they had. an epic love. or maybe it was all sorts of memories that flooded my heart and mind. and i don't know why but i knew that the person i thought bout through it all was dj guy.

it wasn't over for me. and i guess i'm still hoping he would say that it still isn't over.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger Miss Pickle said...

I watched it for the hundredth time yesterday, and bawled just as hard as I did the first time I watched it. I want that epic love, too. :O)

Glad to hear the BBQ went well. Did you see him yesterday?

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Scotty said...

it wasn't over for me. and i guess i'm still hoping he would say that it still isn't over.
:( Don't you wish we had a rewind button sometimes?

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger jo said...

miss pickle: nah i didn't see him on saturday. in fact that saturday was spent watching the notebook haha! but i did IM with him for a bit.

scotty: i used to say that i don't really regret anything. sure i don't necessarily think that everything i do is right... but i know that even if i were given a chance to do-over, with no foresight, i would have probably done the same thing. but yes, i do wish that there was a rewind button.

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger Frankly, Scarlett said...

That is the ONE movie i'm avoiding like the bloody plague - dont think i could take watching it amidst a break up.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger jo said...

scarlett: yes... i avoided it for years. partly 'coz these sappy movies aren't really my thing. but another part 'coz i think i just knew that as a single girl, it would just mess with me... it's the kind of movie that makes your girly insides yell out "why can't i have that" and reminds you once again bout how you're all alone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home