Thursday, February 14, 2008

SAD

it's SAD.

singles awareness day that is. if there was ever one day where singles are totally aware of their single status, it's today.

SAD.

you can be out having a good time with your (equally single) friends talking bout how valentine's day is overrated and how you don't need a man (or woman) but no matter what, you're still totally aware that you're single.

lately i've been feeling a lil sad. i think that perhaps it's just an accumulation of all the things not going well in my life (besides my love life... or lack thereof). but in honor of valentine's day, i found myself spending a fair amount of time thinking bout what it was like being single.

so i could wax lyrical on the benefits of being single. i can flirt with whoever and do whatever i please. i don't need to answer to anyone else. or i could go on the whole girl (em)power(ment) angle. i don't need a man to validate me. i'm me and i'm fabulous. but if i'm being honest, i'll admit to you that sometimes, i just really want someone. someone to love and someone who loves me.

i'm tired of being practically known to my friends as the perpetually single one. sure i have enough random stories to rival some of 'em. they can hardly keep up with who is the new boy of the moment. but that moment is fleeting. few dates at best. just for that time occurs all too often.

my parents have even started asking me if i mind not ever getting married. and the truth is, i do. i very much so do. i don't want to be left on the shelf. i want to find my soulmate. the one person that is fabulous for me and who i can be fabulous with. where we can be the quirkytogethers.

nothing like valentine's day to make me can't help but wonder how long more before i find that special someone and end this perpetual singledom.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, I am sick of all the valentine's crap. I just want to go home, drink wine, eat cheezits and wait for this dreadful hallmark day to be over.

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Miss Pickle said...

I'm eating cinnamon hearts for breakfast and can't wait to go home and drink copious amounts of wine.

Being single is fun, but I'm over it. The little fat guy with his bow and arrow can beat it. ;O)

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger Crashdummie said...

awww sweety, i totally know what you mean. Love is all about comperimize - and only you can decide how much ur willing to do that.

When finding a mate, you should settle down, not settle down, ya know - thats not fair to neither you or that lad.

Wish you all the happiness & love jo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home