Thursday, April 17, 2008

just get it over and done with

my recent foray back into the world of online dating had me IMing 2 guys pretty regularly. one was a guy who found me on the online dating site. he's asked me out for coffee a couple of times but somehow i wasn't all that keen enough to rearrange my schedule. but today i did.

not that i'm keen. i knew right from the start that i wasn't keen. but i think it was just a natural progression from the IMing. so when he asked again to meet up, i finally agreed. afterall it was just a quick coffee for bout an hour near my place since he was around the area to teach one of his students. i thought that perhaps this was a good time to just get over and done with this meeting up thing.

it may have only been for slightly more than an hour... but gosh did the hour feel long. as expected i was not attracted to him physically at all. and honestly i got irritated with the conversation especially when he implied that me pushing myself in my sport meant that i had something to prove to the world.

i was bored and annoyed and counting the minutes while trying not to look at my watch too obviously. thankfully the annoying mouth-clicker had to leave by a certain time and i just bout chased him off to his appointment with his student.

even though it wasn't fun at all (and due to some timing issue i actually wound up paying for his drink and decided not to claim back from him 'coz it wasn't that much anyway), i don't regret meeting the annoying mouth-clicker. i think it was just something that needed to be done. a certain short 'sacrifice' i needed to make so that it would be easier to make up stories bout why i was busy for the indefinite future.

and as much as i hate to admit it, it was also to trick my warped mind into thinking that the rich kid isn't as big a deal to me as i initially thought. yeah well, i don't think that's really working. i'm still remembering that the last time we IMed was on monday where he said he would let me know if he was heading out on wednesday. i'm trying to ignore him on IM but i already caved in today with no response.

add it to the mix that i've been thinking bout dj guy again recently. there's just something bout him that makes me miss him... sigh...

i definitely need a new guy to makeout with... or maybe a makeout session with a certain few guys from the past...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger Ginormous Boobs said...

It's good to have a distraction while waiting for the boy you really like to pony up...or to get your mind off him.

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger jo said...

thanks! you just made me feel that i'm not that warped afterall haha!

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

totally acceptable behavior. and good for you for going out with a guy. it's easier after you start the ball rolling.

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the only reason I ventured onto online dating was to get my mind off someone...and seriously, the way I keep going back to this guy (well, thinking about him, anyway) makes me wonder if maybe I've wandered over into obsessed/stalker territory.

Trying to find someone to get my mind off of this guy is hard, though...and I can't help but wonder if it's precisely because I've been trying so hard that it's not happening. Maybe it needs to happen on it's own.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home