Monday, June 23, 2008

candy wedding

the date was saved and it finally arrived... the day of out of ex-office eye candy's wedding.

unfortunately i didn't think i went there with as much of a "big bang" that i had hoped for, no thanks to the fact that i was still battling the tail end of a nasty flu bug. and while i would have much preferred to have had some totally fabulous job to "throw in their faces", it was nice to meet up with some ex-colleagues.

that said, i was glad to be able to share in out of ex-office eye candy's big day.

the wedding was sweet, just as weddings should be. as the bride walked down the isle, i turned to watch the groom, just like i usually like to do. and the look on out of ex-office eye candy's face was enough to turn me to mush. he was beaming, his typical bright sunny smile brighter than usual. and then as he watched his bride slowly approaching closer, i could tell that he was getting closer to tears.

he was near tears as well as he said his vows. and he was also all choked up with emotion when he sang a beautiful rendition of steven curtis chapman's i will be here as a special surprise item for his wife. i was close to tears myself.

yes, i'm just a sap at weddings.

and now i'm doing all i can not to think bout what song i will like to have playing in my own wedding...

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger SaneAndSingle said...

Weddings do something to me also! One of my friends just got married a few weeks ago, and I was left standing in a puddle of my own tears. I'm not sure if I was just really happy for her, or sad because now I'm the lone single girl. sigh

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger P.O.M. said...

I'm a total sap at weddings too. Probably because I'm thinking about my own pathetic single lonely exsistence. ha ha.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger jo said...

i think it's both... i'm a sap at weddings 'coz while i'm really happy for my friend, i'm also thinking bout my own single status and probably getting a lil worried at when that status will finally change...

oh well anyhow i'm beginning to realise that i've been getting less wedding invitations lately... 'coz most of my friends are already married!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home