Wednesday, August 13, 2008

a pseudo dater in a pseudo relationship?

i have a feeling that i've embarked on some sort of a pseudo relationship.

drummer boy and i have decided not to have the dtr (define the relationship). he told me that he likes me and i told him the same. however he did "complain" that he didn't know how to answer to his friends' interrogation on our status 'coz they saw us behaving "coupley" at the cd launch but technically we're not officially a couple.

maybe all this is stupid. i mean it's not like there isn't already a certain level of emotional attachment, officially a couple or not. and i know that he doesn't want me making out with other guys. in fact he asked me if my not wanting a dtr was my get-outta-jail-free card. i think it's funny how he calls me on my bullshit. not that i'm intending to make out with other guys. honestly i'm not. and thankfully he's not intending to make out with other girls either. but as for "dating" other guys? i'm not sure. but that said, i recently had 2 requests from new guys to meet up but i haven't decided how to reply as yet. the fact that i'm stopping to think bout it probably means something right?

drummer boy is sweet though. i like waking up to his text. it makes me smile. and i like the pet names, how he always tells me that he misses me and is excited like a 15 year old kid to meet me even when we met just 2 days ago, the way he always reaches for my hand and the sweet kisses. i think it's cute that he asks me if he can go out for supper with his guy friends when it's obvious that i wouldn't even object to that. and he lets me know when he's on the way back from his supper and when he has reached home. and asks me to let him know if i'm out running and when i get back home just to make sure i'm home safely. i'm not used to this. but it isn't all bad.

maybe all this isn't that bad an idea. i mean maybe it lets me ease into the idea of a relationship. whether or not i do eventually wind up having a relationship with him or someone else. a lesser known fact bout me is that i don't normally do proper relationships. so all this is new territory for me. i'm not sure what's going on. i don't know the "protocol". and i'm trying not to freak out too much bout it all...

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is good. I think.

 
At 1:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh girl... you are in it... a relationship that is...I started my current relationship as an anti-relationship and all the little things you mentioned are almost identical to what I felt. It adds up quickly!

Good luck!

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger SaneAndSingle said...

Awww...you have a pseudo boyfriend! :)

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Crashdummie said...

all i can say is: awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! :)

I'm getting totally smittened. The drummerboy sounds adoreable. But yeah, i know what u mean: its one thing to read abt it, another thing to live it.

It is a new territory and even if its exhiting its still terrifying!

Sometimes the best you can do is not to think, just to feel and go with the flow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home