Thursday, August 16, 2007

birthday resolution

happy birthday to me.

today is the day i officially turn 27. only that from now on i've decided that i'm gonna be forever 22. 22 till i die.

it should be a brand new start for me right? at least that was what i was thinking during my last moments of being 26 (oops i really mean 21...). i should be getting rid of the old and in with the new.

for the last few days (and perhaps even months), things have happened in my life and in some ways i feel like the central theme to it all is that i really need to let go and move on.

so this is where i throw in the towel.

the part where i say i give up.

my emotions can't take all of this. so i'm shutting 'em off.

"i tear my heart open, i sew myself shut"

"i wanna put my tender heart in a blender, watch it spin around to a beautiful oblivion"

no expectations, no disappointments.


*all the thinking probably partially stemmed from my family friend's setup telling me last night that perhaps i wouldn't wanna join him and some guys (who i know) for a drink afterall 'coz they were at a girlie bar. yes open admission probably seals the friends deal for us.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger Scotty said...

Family Friend is missing out big time!

oh, and Happy Birthday!

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger *kb* said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 27!? I'm 10 years your senior and 27 is YOUNG!! Enjoy it and I promise it only gets better!! :)

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

Happy birthday. Getting older is a GOOD thing. You get wiser every single day.

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger LYS said...

happy (belated) b'day!
just a little warning tho'...don't shut 'em off! turn to the queenvirgin blog to see the results of shutting off emotion.
no expectations, no disappointments, no life!

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Dizzie said...

I'm gonna be 26 till the day I die - ha ha!

My mum's 25, still, and I think it's freaking hilaryous I'm one year older then she is! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home